Group Creative Director - Retail, Writing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing, to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We believe strongly that design matters. Design has always been at the heart of Apple and the work that we do. And the Design Team is a creative core of Marcom. Working on Retail, Channel, Events and Keynotes. We value creating a team environment that is positive and versatile and leading creative teams with diverse perspectives. You will lead the successful creation and production of creative campaigns for Retail, Channel and Events that include both in-store and interactive components that includes film and social in collaboration with the group’s GCD creative partner, senior producers and product managers and strategists. Plans and directs all aspects of campaigns and serves as an integral leader of the creative team. You are accountable for the work being on target and ensuring it matches Apple business direction. Using passion and drive to understand and shape Apple's place in the world. Your world will be related to Retail, and require a close partnership with the Retail Creative GCD who manages a core team of designers within the Design team. As part of your role you will have oversight of a team of writers within the Design Team, their work responsibilities pertain to Retail, Channel, Events, Packaging and Keynotes.
- 15 -20 years of storytelling, film, video writing experience, including 10 years of management experience with increasing responsibility.
- Solid creative expertise in developing solutions in a variety of campaigns, across a range of deliverables, including advertising, retail, channel, interactive, and social media.
- You are an experienced creative thinker who has lead responsibility for delivering innovative and compelling creative solutions that meet requirements in Apple’s creative briefs.
- Experience with strategic planning and executing integrated campaigns by leading and inspiring creative staff, outside directors, production staff and post-production teams to ensure delivery of extraordinary work.
- In depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process, including effectively and efficiently staffing projects, providing clear communication and creative direction, giving timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions.
- You produce all work cost effectively and on schedule. With the ability to effectively scale solutions in accordance with project constraints and parameters.
- Excellent conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Excellent copywriting skills accompanied by the skill to guide and evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
- A can do attitude where the solution to any problem lies in combination of creative thinking, collaboration and hard work.
- You have strong management and interpersonal skills.
- You have a diverse portfolio of creative work
- You cogently and articulately present and defend creative work.
- You have the ability to collaborate with senior executives.
- You have a strong ability to flex and work in an often ambiguous environment.
- You are extremely detail oriented with extraordinary follow-through skills and an ability to focus on creative goals.
- A tireless work ethic and is seen and felt as a leader whom others want to follow.
Retail Apple’s retail stores are the face of Apple. It’s where more than 500 million people connect with Apple in over 500 stores every year. From New Store Openings, to the Holiday Campaign, to Today at Apple, to signage, to t-shirts, to screen savers, video wall assets, etc. we touch everything Retail. You are a strong leader in addition to being a strong writer and conceptual thinker with experience leading teams and building strong relationships with key partners. This person is resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude. Excelling in this position will require a deep understanding of the complete consumer journey and the different retail services we offer. Events Apple hosts many different types of events per year ranging from products launches at Apple Park or the developers conference WWDC in San Francisco. Or other locations such as a recent iPad launch at the Brooklyn Academy of Arts. We also support many other initiatives such as Earth Day and celebrate diversity and Inclusion with custom events. As part of this role you will manage writers who will be responsible for concepting and executing events, invites, signage, hands on area graphics and digital and interactive deliverables. Channel Every day, millions of consumers around the world interact with Apple and its products in the Indirect Channel through mobile, digital, and in-store experiences. The Indirect Channel plays a hugely important role for Apple, with Channel Marcom driving strategies to provide customers a thoughtful, engaging, and seamless experience. As part of this role you will manage writers who will be directly responsible for writing effective communications that will live in our Channel environments.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred.