Graphics and Game Technologies Evangelist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple seeks a creative and dedicated app developer to be a Graphics and Game Technologies Evangelist. As a member of Apple’s Evangelism team, you will work closely with top developers to help them understand how to prototype and build modern, state-of-the-art apps and games for iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS. To qualify for this role, you should possess a real passion for graphics and games, demonstrate aptitude with iOS or macOS development, and live and breathe GPU technology. This role offers the chance of a lifetime to directly impact the architecture of apps and games used and played by people every single day around the world. In this role, you’ll help developers use the comprehensive set of platform-optimized graphics frameworks, properly architect their code to take engage in the latest improvements and newest APIs, and build OS-optimized, high-performance apps and games. You have strong communication and people skills since you’ll be presenting in public, working cross-functionally within Apple, and working side by side with developers.
- 5+ years applied experience in iOS and/or macOS development.
- Shown proficiency with key Apple graphics and game technologies.
- Expertise with Xcode, Objective-C, and/or Swift Experience authoring and tuning graphics shaders
- Knowledge of the game development process and 3rd-party tools.
- Critical eye for attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a professional and credible demeanor.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Dedicated individual who understands Apple's high standards.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver work on tight schedules.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing, and adept at working in a loosely structured organization Prepared to travel worldwide.
Working one-on-one with 3rd party app and game development teams to ensure they’re taking full advantage of Apple graphics and game technologies. Performing engineering reviews to find opportunities for optimization, modernization, use of standard methodologies, and the adoption of key Apple graphics frameworks. Leading hands-on programming workshops and labs to assist developers with the use of specific iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and macOS technologies. Working with Apple engineering teams to advocate for the requirements of 3rd-party developers. Identifying, documenting, and communicating game developer progress, trends, and technical issues to teams within Apple. Planning and leading technical sessions for Apple's annual Worldwide Developer Conference, Tech Talks, and more.
Education & Experience
B.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, or Software Design Engineering.