Strategic Account Manager – MFi/ HomeKit Program
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Apple MFi (Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad) Program is one of the largest technology licensing programs in the world. It encompasses thousands of companies from a wide array of industries and many of the best-known global brands. The program enables hardware developers to create accessories that use Apple wireless and wired technologies, including HomeKit, AirPlay and CarPlay, to connect electronically to Apple devices. The MFi team is seeking a high-caliber individual to help build the fast-growing ecosystem of HomeKit-enabled connected home devices. You are passionate about leading partnerships, adept at operating in a multidisciplinary role, and ready to execute at a tactical level whenever needed.
- 5+ years of experience with technology-based partnerships, ideally with developers in the home automation/consumer hardware space.
- Stellar verbal/written communication skills across a wide variety of audiences; ability to craft and deliver nuanced messages.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence without authority and help drive streamlined decision-making across internal and external partners
- Strong business sense combined with meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic environment and is comfortable handling ambiguity.
- Knowledge of the hardware/firmware development process, home automation space and relevant wireless technologies.
•Engage with third-party accessory developers and cross-functional teams to help bring HomeKit accessories to market. Champion developer needs and issues within Apple as they complete accessory certification landmarks. •Work collaboratively with internal partners in Engineering, QA, Product Marketing, Developer Relations, Legal, and other teams. •Develop and maintain a deep understanding of HomeKit technology and the home automation/IoT landscape in order to effectively communicate Apple’s message to existing and potential new partners. •Identify process improvements which facilitate a premier licensee experience and enable the team to continue to scale. •Lead all aspects of on-boarding and account management for developers focused on HomeKit and other program technologies. Day-to-day licensee account management activities include: – Vet applications by companies interested in joining our program – Lead contracts administration – Evaluate product proposals to verify they meet technical/program requirements – Run royalty reporting and collections on a quarterly basis – Drive compliance initiatives and audits – Respond to inquiries in an informative and helpful manner while staying within program policies
Education & Experience
• BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred