UX Writer, Advertising Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Advertising Platforms Human Interface team is responsible for the user experience by designing intuitive, learnable, and consistent interfaces. We work to specify how user input and interactions mechanisms work and push to innovate those concepts across our products. We’re looking for an expert UX Writer who is enthusiastic about user experience design and wants to help craft the development of News and the App Store. You’ll be writing for new consumer-facing features, as well as maintaining existing user interface copy. You’ll primarily work alongside designers, collaborating to build amazing user experiences. You’ll also team with engineers, marketers, and others to ensure a successful product for both our business and our customers. At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms team makes it possible for people around the globe to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
- At least 5+ years experience writing for interactive brand and campaign experiences.
- A passion for language and for creating elegant user experiences.
- Significant experience working with UX copy.
- A deep understanding of UX and how copy and design support each other.
- Explore concise ways to clearly communicate an idea.
- Lead several complex projects simultaneously.
- Find the essence of a concept through written word.
- Experience working in rapid iteration.
- Strong sense of initiative and follow-through.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of iOS, MacOS, Numbers and Pages.
- Knowledge of Sketch or other design tools is a plus.
- Experience with localization.
- Experience with wireframes or functional specs.
This is a dynamic team focused on complex design challenges. This position works closely with many other teams and will be an advocate for user experience. Through copy and collaboration, aim for a user interface that makes conversion simple, even when the feature is complex. Provide logic and rules for a variety of use cases as it relates to the design system Work with partners to ensure ideas are expressed appropriately. Deliver content that is correct and appropriate. Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints, and be able to work within project parameters. Have a deep understanding of target customers. Attend product meetings and have a granular understanding of the company’s goals. Participate in QA as it pertains to content, file bugs as necessary. Work Closely with: The Human Interface team, to solve UI challenges in response to product requirements The Product team, responding to their feedback, sharing ideas and collaborating to improve the performance of our content The Ops team (customer service role focused on help content), to share information about any upcoming projects and ensure consistency
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent
- You might be a good fit if you want to work on a team where:
- Design and user experience is represented and defended.
- The best ideas win regardless of source.
- Trust, sharing and healthy debate is the norm.
- You work closely and cooperatively with one another to achieve our common goals.
- You develop effective processes that ensure success.
- The team eats together.