Siri - Data Pipeline Engineer, Data organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Join our team and impact millions of customers across a plethora of Apple of devices! We are seeking a talented data pipeline engineer to build data pipelines in Spark/Scala that are highly performant and reliable.
- 2+ years of industry experience in developing jobs in the MapReduce/Hadoop ecosystem, especially with Spark/Scala.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing.
- Experience with job scheduling tools such as Airflow or Oozie.
- Proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Self - motivated and enthusiastic with a dream to build systems that alert when things go wrong.
- Strong communication skills and experience working on multi-functional project.
- Experience with SQL and basic database knowledge for modifying queries and tables.
- Experience with Linux, Gradle, build automation.
Be part of an accomplished team of engineers using state of the art tools including Spark/Scala to enable online evaluation and decision-making. You can help us architect highly scalable distributed data pipelines, tune Spark job parameters for maximum speed and minimum contention for cluster resources, ingest and retrieve data to/from Solr, Postgres, Hive etc. and develop prototypes and proof of concepts for new data pipelines.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.