Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion for producing exceptional prototypes to aid in the proof of concept of ideas and help drive the adoption of new technologies into future Apple apps. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual who will leverage both engineering and creative skills and will collaborate with Senior 3D Artists, Developers, and Designers to create new user experiences that surprise and delight.
- 3+ years of industry experience developing real time 3D applications or Game Development
- Excellent software engineering skills, with the intuition to make the right time vs. complexity tradeoffs for rapid prototyping.
- Excellent programming skills with solid understanding of engineering techniques, methodologies and attention to detail
- Understanding of
- Extensive prototyping experience in C# / Unity, C++ / Unreal, or similar tools
- Experience in creating compelling 3D visuals and working directly with artists.
- Experience with 3D authoring software like Maya (Houdini experience is a plus)
- Experience in 2D software and post-production methods (Photoshop and After Effects).
- Familiar conflating, ingesting, and manipulating data from data formats such as json, sqlite, and proprietary binary formats.
The Maps team is seeking a strong 3D Prototype Developer to help build out and test future technologies for Apple Maps. This person will be primarily focused on helping with various products, features and experiences in 3D. Tasks would include supporting others on the team with visualizations in the form of full featured 3D prototypes, tool creation, and/or implementing UX functionality. This role involves collaboration with cross functional groups such as data collection, engineering, and UX Design.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Computer Graphics/Other related coursework with a minimum of 3-5 years experience working in creative/R&D environments
- Must be a TEAM player with excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation/teaching skills
- Open to creative feedback, and bringing creative solutions to the table
- Highly organized and motivated with a deep desire to prove themselves within a company of talented individuals
- Self-motivated, creative and optimistic problem solver; solid time management
- Experience developing Mobile and Tablet applications or games
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex 3D computational geometric problems.
- Ability to master new applications and technologies quickly
- Knowledge of iOS frameworks, Objective-C and Swift