Knowledge Engineering Manager - Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This is a great opportunity to empower people to improve their health. Apple is looking for exceptional engineering managers with health data experience to join an exciting project that will address this need in meaningful ways. In this role, you’ll lead a team to ensure we continue innovating in a rapidly changing field. This is an opportunity to work in an extremely talented team, in a position where your work can make a difference in millions of lives. The ideal candidate enjoys breaking down complex problems, thrives in an agile and dynamic cross-functional team, loves data, and wants to make a big impact on health. Learning and building of skill-sets is highly encouraged. This role has the opportunity to grow in many directions.
- 2+ years experience leading software engineering, data science, or clinical informatics teams with a strong emphasis on data, especially health data
- An understanding of the technology and approaches for knowledge representation and semantic reasoning in a healthcare setting, e.g., semantic web technologies, graph databases, or deep relational data modeling
- Excellent cross-functional communication and influence skills in a fast-paced environment with diverse, interdisciplinary teams
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to build a team – attracting, hiring, retaining, motivating the best talent
- Comfortable with fast paced schedule driven development
- Strong data life cycle knowledge
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Passion and prior experience designing and implementing outstanding user interfaces and customer experience
- Demonstrated experience shipping high quality software or data products
• Work with experts in their field to expand and support the broader health related efforts at Apple. • Collaborate with x-functional development teams to deliver features that surprise and delight our customers. • Advise and encourage best practices to deliver quality data. • Define and grow a world class engineering team. • Represent the team and its technology in technical and project meetings • Define product features, functional specs and development schedules.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with health standards and medical coding systems is preferred
- Experience in health knowledge representation is preferred
- Position is in Cupertino, CA