Software Engineer, Spotlight
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Spotlight team is looking for an excellent software engineer to join our team. Spotlight revolutionized the way that people organize data on the Desktop, and we're only getting started! This is a high visibility, high impact position. As an engineer on Spotlight team, you will be working at all levels of the OS: from low-level algorithm work and framework development to result ranking and machine learning. Spotlight is constantly evolving as we continue to improve the user experience, and provide services for other teams to build on.
- === KEY QUALIFICATIONS ===
- Strong programming skills, preferably with Objective-C, C, C++ Excellent communication and collaborative skills Comfortable with large code bases, fast-paced environments, and tight schedules
- - You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
- - Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Spotlight team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- - You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- - We value your passion for creativity and hard work
- - Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- - Thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS is helpful
- - Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- - You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- - You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
You are a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who is eager to interact with other members of the Spotlight team, and other teams at Apple. Experience developing an iOS or macOS application of significant scope from end to end would be a great advantage. An interest in data structures and algorithms, and dedication to creating highly performant code, will be a success factor. Previous experience with multithreaded applications is desired. To provide an exceptional experience, we work closely with the framework, kernel and file system teams, as well as high level teams such as Safari, Messages and Mail; solid collaborative skills area requirementt. In this position you will be expected to: Participate in all stages of software development, from new feature design and implementation, to maintenance of prior releases. Diagnose and resolve customer-reported issues. Develop test suites and internal infrastructure. Desired Experience: MS CS/CE or equivalent Industry experience (iOS/OS X preferred) Experience supporting framework clients Knowledge of file system APIs, posix threading, and virtual memory On disk data structures and multi phase commit protocols Desired Experience: MS CS/CE or equivalent Industry experience (iOS/OS X preferred) Experience supporting framework clients Knowledge of file system APIs, posix threading, and virtual memory On disk data structures and multi phase commit protocols
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE or equivalent