Social Media Editor, Apple News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple News is at the forefront of media and technology, giving millions of users news and information from leading publishers around the globe. We are looking to revolutionize how news consumers receive their information every single day. We are a 24-hour news team making real-time decisions based on the day’s biggest events. We work with some of the world's biggest publishers to deliver an extraordinary experience to our users. We are seeking a top-tier Social Media Editor who will manage off-platform editorial strategy, collaborate with others at Apple and our publisher partners, and produce and edit posts for our social media accounts. We're looking for someone interested in creating experiences that will inform and delight our large national audience.
- You have experience managing a major editorial social media account with a diverse audience.
- Understand current standards on all major social media channels.
- Are confident in a variety of CMSs, with a keen understanding of the tools needed to support excellent editorial content.
- Have fluency with content analytics, and a willingness to evolve strategy as numbers reveal user engagement.
- Have strong editorial judgement.
- Have a keen eye for copy, and advanced editing skills.
- Have the ability to navigate internal and external relationships on complex and highly-visible media projects.
- Are a self-starter with a history of devising innovative ideas to solve tough problems.
You'll be collaborating with other team members, and will define the strategy, voice and goals for all of our social accounts. Working with the greater editorial team and publisher relations team, you will identify content we want to feature on social media. Monitor the competitive landscape to ensure the News team is up-to-date on trending stories and new ideas in the social space. Compose and edit social media posts. With your internal partners, you'll agree on important metrics for social, and track the team's progress towards meeting them. With our publisher relations staff, you will communicate with the social media managers who work for our valued external partners and seek out opportunities for cross promotion. Collaborate with other account owners within Apple. Work with other editors to expand and improve our special event coverage. Work with design and engineering teams at Apple News to plan and execute improvements to our editorial tools that can take social strategy to the next level.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred