Social Media Manager, Apple News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Social Media Manager to join their rapidly developing Services business. This role will develop and manage the social marketing strategy for Apple News. We are seeking a passionate storyteller, strategic thinker, and skilled communicator who has a proven track record managing and growing social channels. A deep understanding of social voice, tone, style and creative is essential. This role requires a detailed understanding of publishing tools, analytics tools and social marketing technology as well as all native platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, etc). The candidate must be able to demonstrate a clear ability to develop tactics and campaigns that drive the business goals; audience growth, engagement, acquisition, reach, maintenance, churn mitigation and more. We are looking to revolutionize how consumers receive news on a regular basis. As a 24-hour news team, working with some of the biggest publishers, we’re making real-time decisions based on the day’s biggest events and stories. An in-depth knowledge of publishers, news and media outlets as well as popular entertainment culture is a must along with someone interested in creating experiences that will inform and delight our audience within the social media space.
- Minimum 7 years of social media marketing campaign management, publishing, editorial, content creation and distribution required (brand or agency).
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for social media. Detailed knowledge and expertise around all social platforms. Significant contacts at all major platforms.
- The candidate is extremely passionate and knowledgeable about news and entertainment distribution and has editorial experience.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Expert in developing social marketing strategies that are native to individual channels and demonstrate tangible ROI.
- Keen understanding of how brands should participate in social media in an authentic way.
- A sharp eye for copy and advanced editing skills.
- The candidate is at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand safety.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment with high level of teamwork.
- Deep ability to collect, analyze and use social data to affect change.
- Flexibility to work weekends and travel.
Conceive, implement and measure social marketing campaigns for Apple News. Collaborate with other team members to help define social strategy, voice and KPIs. Develop tactics, plans, partnerships, tools and agencies that help achieve the business goals. Manage relationships with external and internal agencies/design teams to brief and manage original content for distribution. Work with editorial team and publisher relations team to help identify content to feature on social media. Execute social media publishing strategies ensuring that all posts are accurate, punctual, safe and on brand. Manage daily social communication, consumer listen and response, sentiment analysis and inquiries. Work on strategic partnership opportunities with Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook etc to deliver the business goals. Report on campaigns and augment based on analysis to ensure the most effective approach. Compose, edit and post social media content. Monitor the competitive landscape to ensure the team is up-to-date on trending and relevant stories, remaining fresh and innovative within the social space.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred