Product Design Engineer - Battery PD
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Are you looking to push the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, you’ll help craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. You’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. As the NPI Mechanical/Product Design resource for our systems; we own module development from initial system architecture through ramp. In this role you will utilize your mechanical design engineering skills and aptitude to own the end-to-end mechanical development and integration of state of the art modules into next generation Apple products.
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical product design engineering.
- Experience with any of the following 3D CAD Tools: Unigraphics UG, Solidworks, ProEngineer, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of DOE, GD&T, SPC, or CP/CPK techniques.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Experience with precision parts and component design.
- Assembly experience is a plus.
- Consumer electronics experience preferred. Otherwise experience in medical devices, automotive components, injection molding, jigs/tooling/fixtures, consumer appliances, or other parts with tight tolerances
- PCB/flex design, material science, and basic chemistry is considered a plus, but not required.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with multi-functional team members and be able to efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals.
• Brainstorming and executing mechanical design concepts in all phases of the development cycle. • Generating innovative designs while taking into consideration SPC and DFM. • Generating dimensional and tolerance analyses. • Conducting design reviews and driving file release process. • Assisting development of manufacturing processes and fixturing; travel to suppliers for support. • Performing design validation and characterization from prototype through MP testing. • Driving failure analyses and design of experiments (DOEs) to develop design solutions and implement corrective actions.
Education & Experience
• MSME or BSME Degree