iOS Safari Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We're looking for an engineer to help us shape the future direction of web browsers. Together, we’ll build on the industry-leading WebKit engine and Apple's frameworks to deliver a fluid browsing experience and powerful, easy-to-use features. Your vision and impact will extend beyond Safari, as you help move Apple's iOS platform forward.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment focused on learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong object-oriented programming experience
- Detailed knowledge of Objective-C
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Ability to diagnose performance, memory, and other issues by digging into lower levels of the stack
- Creativity and enthusiasm for design
In this role, you will help us craft new and innovative Safari features, and take existing features to the next level. You’ll be involved from beginning to end—brainstorming, prototyping, coding, debugging, shipping, and addressing customer feedback. You will collaborate with the WebKit team, iOS application and framework teams, and Apple’s Human Interface group. We want you to be imaginative, highly motivated, and care deeply about craftsmanship and quality.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred.
- • A thorough understanding of C or C++
- • Familiarity with UIKit
- • Experience with developing user interfaces
- • A basic understanding of operating systems, graphics, and networking