Mechanical Quality Engineer (Display)
Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible and hands-on role, you will enjoy key decision making combined with on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with being responsible for the quality for some of the best performing products in the world today.
- - Good knowledge of general manufacturing processes, engineering drawings, schematics, specs, test methods;
- - 3+ years process engineering, product development or equipment development background;
- - Preferred but not a must: experience in display industry processes such as lamination/bonding/etching.
- - Have rich NPI experience, process engineering and capable for program management;
- - Good spoken and written English;
- - Excellent interpersonal and communication skill with capability to work independently in a very dynamic environment;
- - Willing to travel frequently upon request (mainly in Asia);
- - Data analysis skills for quality management;
- - Self-motivated, result oriented & standout teammate.
Responsible for all aspects of manufacturing process, including: Manufacturing process capability and consistency sustaining; Regular review for CTQ data to identify the process; Systemic failure analysis for process and reliability issues; Development for new process and qualification; Statistical data analysis for SPC/FAI to check process improvement and excursion; Implementation and execution of mechanical test; Works together with the product design, process development engineering team and manufacturing partner to drive design solutions, establish MP process baseline, increase line efficiency, and control product quality. Act as a bridge for technical issues when required between Apple teams and vendors; Structure and execute DOEs to identify root cause and eliminate quality defects.; Early involvement in new product engineering builds, assist in reviewing production process and fixtures from manufacturing perspectives.
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree in mechanical engineering, optical engineering or material science related degrees.