Operations Manager - Vietnam
Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam
Operations and Supply Chain
As an Operations manager you will lead the Operations team in Vietnam both directly and indirectly. We got a small and growing team in Vietnam and you will help to create and foster the growth in Vietnam If you have passion, dedication, great leadership and desire partnering in making best product in the world, this job will make your dreams come true. You must have a deep understanding of what it means to be the custodian of a brand, reflect real passion for being a market leader and be evangelical about delivering a superlative experience to customers. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations at Apple. You have international background and possess both understanding and passion for local nuances and Vietnamese culture.
- This role requires a mix of extraordinary strategic and functional skills, as well as people management, with a high commitment to delivery and deadlines:
- - High degree of executive credibility, given that they will help shape major decisions within extremely fast evolving businesses.
- - Proactive, extraordinarily driven and highly adaptable with good communication and interpersonal skills
- 10+ years of experience as an Operations Manager/Leader in manufacturing or high volume production will be a big plus.
- - Proven leadership record and ability to influence multiple partners.
- Able to work under pressure and provide outstanding leadership to the team in Vietnam
- Must be an experienced leader/ people manager.
- Strong interpersonal and both verbal and written communication skills along with a track record of leading change.
- Proven track record working on complex, often global, large-scale, and time-critical projects.
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired.
- Detail and action oriented, self starter leader.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to deliver high quality solutions to tight schedules.
- A natural problem solver with a strong awareness of risk and ability to see around the corners.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic work environment.
In this Role, You will lead a team of engineers in support of new product development as well as sustaining operations in ensuring the contract manufacturer readiness for very high volume production. You will be responsible (not limited) for the following: Operations leader for the Operations team in Vietnam Develop and grow the team in Vietnam Involved in hiring, training development, scheduling and ongoing professional development of employees in Vietnam Leading Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) operations team in planning and executing development builds and new product ramps. Drive ramp readiness with engineering, operations and OEM teams. Communicate requirements and schedules to facilitate operational readiness with supply chain teams. Influence product manufacturability, testability, and supply chain responsiveness in pursuit of low cost and flexibility while stewarding quality Leading all communications, upward and downward through the organization; raising key issues and options for resolution with executive teams.
Education & Experience
University degree In Engineering preferred. MBA or Post-Graduate is a plus. LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY Fluent in Vietnamese and English a must, Chinese or Korean would be helpful.