Technical Program Manager
Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide equal opportunities. In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will be the resident factory expert in manufacturing process, yields and overall factory readiness for mass production. In this technical lead role, you will combine knowledge of SiP to deliver results on a tight timeline. The TPM will work in conjunction with the New Production Introduction group as well as a cross functional team of Design, Supplier Quality, Test, Service and Technical Program Engineers to ensure that top quality products and services from the CM and drive excellence into everything we do.
- Demonstrated technical skills including experience and thorough understanding of PCBA, Molding, Laser processing, sputtering, Assembly, Test, and Pack-out processes.
- Highly motivated and able to drive closure of issues across cultures.
- In depth knowledge in quality methodologies with command of tools including statistical analysis, DOE, FMEA etc.
- Deep understanding and hands on experience of factory manufacturing process control and quality systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to concisely understand and communicate issues and lead a team to solution.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Excellent communicator who can translate high-level goals into tangible action plans.
- Excellent project management skills Program / Project Management experience preferred.
- Experience working in a matrix organization.
- 5 to 10 years experience providing technical support of high volume consumer electronics.
- DOE, SPC, Failure Analysis.
- Excellent debugging skills. Must have demonstrable ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Excellent English language skills required
- Provide TOTAL ownership of the factory output, yield, quality and readiness to ramp volume. - Drive lessons learned into designs and use predictive methods to anticipate and avoid quality issue early in development cycle. - Maintain open MIL and drive to closure prior to mass production start. - Provide leadership and drive yield & operational excellence expectations with CMs through direct interaction, continuous communication, and continuous improvement efforts. - Drive continuous yield improvement activities with CMs. - Monitor manufacturing key process and quality performances indexes. - Drive 8D report for product returned from customer or manufacture issues. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner. - Complete in timely correlation activities and identify gaps among module, component and system. Follow up till the gap is closed. - Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned from component supplier till system integrator. Ensure module suppliers are conforming to Apple product specs and requirements. - Review and approve module manufacturing process and quality control plans. - Ensure qualification and reliability activities at suppliers are in line with requirements. - Track CM performance through objective measurement systems as well as audits and on line verification. Implement communication plan, providing summary and corrective action plans through life cycle of products. - Executive level status reports on a weekly cadence - Escalate key concerns and options for resolutions to senior management.
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Engineering field
- Experience in product design a plus.