Sales Controller - Chile
Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a dynamic, highly-motivated Sales Controller. Are you ready for this challenge? You will be responsible for financial analysis, planning, reporting, forecasting, control activities and the development of recommendations to achieve company financial objectives for the Apple Chile subsidiary. - Take a leadership role in financial issues, business proposals, channel program execution, policies and practices affecting the organization. Perform analysis of exposure and return for all business initiatives. Make recommendations for optimizing financial performance. - Monitor accounting policies, processes and systems to ensure compliance with Apple Inc. policies. - Participate in the setting of financial targets, accruals and long range plans aligned with the organization's strategic plans. - Participates in the budgets, detailed business plans, and forecasts with management. Responsible for managing operating expense budgets and other costs of sales for Apple Chile.
- Excellent financial background and culture combined with a good business sense
- Excellent communication and social skills
- A passion for accuracy, thoroughness, “going the extra-mile” and a “do it” attitude
- Excellent grasp of the dynamics of a high-tech, fast-growing business
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to develop analytical “vision” and convincingly persuade senior leaders using sound financial evidence to support
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish).
- You will require financial modeling experience (with advanced excel skills), reporting systems, ERP systems knowledge, consolidation and market analysis. Also to validate the ability to successfully partner with sales and marketing teams to drive performance.
COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIP: Drive Full Line of Business annual and quarterly Financial/business plans (P&L), partnering with business on defining strategic modeling and outlook, and presenting to executive management. You will ensure that the business attains its quarterly financial objectives, including operating expense, "ROI" by performing of the sales cost analysis. Accountability of all the financial framework for evaluating Channel sales programs for Telco, APR's (Apple Premium Resellers), Retail, and other consumer Direct and Indirect channel models, and accountable for delivering return on investment. Strategic partnership with Apple Online Stores, Apple Retail channel, and Telco teams to minimize channel conflict. Business Planning, Forecasting and Performance Measurement: Develop and lead a consistent analytical framework, for evaluating Retail and APR performance by country and by key account as well as the overall business through cost of sales analysis. Drive product profitability, performance analytics, and demand analysis. Analyze and maintain the profitability level of each channel in Chile. You will partner with teams on developing regional go to market strategies to optimize results. Own the in country full-year financial plan, working with business planning team to define the quarterly phasing, average selling price assumptions, product mix, OPEX and headcount funding, and design commission targets to drive sales teams’ execution of the plan. You will be accountable for the accuracy of the quarterly/annual forecast, working closely with DF&A (demand, forecasting and planning team) to ensure all relevant factors are included, such as Mac and iPad promotions, iPhone consumer offers and Apple strategic investment, as well as partner investments, etc. Driving market share objectives on Mac, iPad and iPhone. Responsible for ensuring Apple generates maximum return from investments and partner initiatives, and that we have clear criteria for any financial measurement. You will influence investment priorities, including evaluating demand generation activities, and promotions. Assess and Analyze the Chilean geography and market in order to build the expansion & opportunities roadmap Forecast impact on business related to price sensitivity during new product introduction or consumer offer changes. Provide market intelligence and insights, including share, opportunity, and competitive analysis. Design, lead, and financially assess performance of Demand Generation programs and financing activities to further penetrate our reseller, distributor and carrier markets. Conduct partner contract terms and condition reviews, deal reviews, and performance audits to ensure commercial compliance to Apple contracts. Measure and influence partner and Point of Sale performance and related market coverage analysis. You will handle financial aspects of Launch readiness and execution, including transition management. Provide local pricing reviews and analysis. Lead product pricing position related to Tax matters (VAT). Provide adequate support to any Worldwide team with any Chilean related matter Financial Control and support of Chile Quarterly Business Review. Ensure any revenue impact or OPEX variances are forecasted and communicated to Central FP&A (Financial, Planning and Analysis) well in advance of forecast submissions.
Education & Experience
Business/ Related Subject Degree desired CPA, MBA or professional qualification a plus
- 10+ years of significant qualified experience in Chile, preferably in consumer oriented companies. Telco background will be a plus
- Experience of working within a retail based environment will be preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.