Business Systems Analyst - Business Process Reengineering - Colombia
Bogota, Bogota, Colombia
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a dynamic, highly-motivated Business System, Subject Matter Expert professional. Are you ready to take this challenge? The Business Systems SME (Subject Matter Expert) is responsible for understanding business needs and translating them into tangible solutions, by identifying and deploying tools and systems that enable current and future business processes, either by using Apple internal solutions or implementing new ones. The candidate will also be responsible for a set of systems currently leveraged by the Business, ensuring they are serving the business well, and also implementing improvements based on upcoming needs. This includes end-to-end activities from gathering requirements, reviewing specifications, testing functionalities, working on deployment, as well as managing change management and adoption within the region. The candidate is encouraged to become an expert on these systems and tools, in order to be able to bring innovation beyond current use cases, providing tangible benefits to our business processes. The candidate is encouraged to have strong analytical skills, which will allow him/her to demonstrate our Data Warehouse, providing transparency, and key metrics to our business as needed
- Minimum of 8 years of meaningful experience working on business processes and systems implementation.
- Database management skills (MySQL)
- Java or PHP scripting knowledge
- Python/scripting knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including Visual Basic (VBA).
- Experience on Project Management Tools (e.g. OmniPlan, MS Project, or Oracle Primavera)
- Hands-on experience with Business Objects and Tableau would be a plus.
- Written and Spoken English & Spanish required (Portuguese desired)
- Excellent listening skills (written, verbal as well as through presentations)
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills. Detail Oriented.
- Ability to work in multiple initiatives with short and overlapping deadlines.
- Proactive and self-starter, with the initiative to deliver results working with minimal supervision
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: - Evaluate business processes to find opportunities to streamline, automatize and/or deliver detailed solutions to: a) Help Sales teams or Partners to reduce the time spent on manual processes b) Ensure controls are in place by crafting standard processes that will provide key metrics to measure success c) Reduce unnecessary costs of current processes when applicable d) Demonstrate corporate solutions when applicable to take advantage of WW support and corporate data warehouse. - Become the Systems SME both within the ALAC region as well as with WW constituencies when applicable by: a) Providing feedback and actively participating in any efforts to enable troubleshoot and support the business in ALAC. b) Participating in his/her own worldwide initiatives as required, representing the interests of the region. c) Working with Country Sales teams & Regional HQ to coordinate and implement standard methodologies for the business - Responsible to implement, run and manage BPR projects assigned to this role by: a) Working from project launch all the way into implementation, change management and training as required. b) Crafting & delivering communications that articulate the projects’ goals & benefits that we bring to the organization. c) Developing materials to support change and implementation of our solutions - Improve benefits of current Systems, minimizing troubleshooting times, including but not limited to: a) Leading day-to-day resolution of issues & ensure follow up with key constituencies b) Performing partner concerns when necessary to expedite solutions to the business. c) Identifying problems‘ patterns in order to develop solutions that could be brought to bear across the region, d) Finding problems ‘root cause rather than a solution for that particular instance - Crafting and maintaining track for past problems and issues found in the region, with the following goals: a) Identifying improvements for our systems based on issues detected over time b) Crafting and deliver ongoing training to address issues originated for a lack of understanding of the tools or their functionalities (training frequency also depending on new feature releases or the education of new users in the organization).
Education & Experience
- Engineering degree, Computer Science background - MBA would be a plus - Proficiency in Spanish and English
- - PHP / Java / Python Programming & Scripting knowledge
- - Knowledge of MySQL
- - Knowledge in Process Improvement. (Lean, Six Sigma, Design Thinking)
- - Knowledge in: Business Objects & Tableau (a plus)
- - Experience in Change Management
- - Project Management Experience