App Store Editor, Pan EU
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
As the App Store Editor, Pan EU you will help our customers in a number of markets across Eastern and Southern Europe to find the most amazing apps and games. You will have to create, edit and commission the best editorial content for millions of iOS users. We are looking for a dynamic editor to help produce original and engaging content. You will be an experienced copy writer with deep knowledge about technology, entertainment and app culture, ready to build an amazing user experience for millions of people. You will also be responsible for identifying trends, building local editorial strategies, selecting the best apps and games for the Pan EU region, test them and make them shine in the Today Tab. In addition, you will have to create a local style guide, handle an evolving programming calender and own the schedule of new local releases and prepare a selection of the top apps to be featured across the Pan EU region. Overall, you will demonstrate a real passion for apps and games, coupled with experience as a tech journalist. You will also have an eye for excellent design and a deep knowledge of the Eastern Europe developer scene.
- 10+ years editing for traditional and online publications.
- Experience working with international peers to define editorial and programming strategies.
- Resourceful, creative, and collaborative.
- Confident and experienced with Content Management Systems.
- Strong communications skills.
- Proven ability to handle deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams under strict deadlines.
- Ability to analyse and communicate results to leaders.
- Extraordinary organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Respected knowledge of the mobile apps landscape and industry trends.
- Deep passion for the Apple brand, Apple products, and Mac technology.
• You will lead curation and editorialised content for the local App Store. • Write editorial copy for selected apps and games. • Craft compelling and relevant themed collections and stories. • Generate and execute ideas for the App Store. • Program featured content on the App Store using internal CMS tools. • Handle an evolving programming calendar and style guide. • Expect to work closely with cross-functional teams as writers and editors around the world, along with other Design, Programming, Marketing and Product managers to create unique user experiences. • Communicate your selections with executives and cross-functional teams. • Work with key partners to create and gain consensus on editorial strategies for key initiatives. • Help our customers to find the most amazing apps and games.
Education & Experience
• BA/BS degree in journalism, communications or related field. • Fluency/proficiency in English is required. • Additional languages (such as Polish, Czech, Portuguese or Catalan) are desirable.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.