Production Operations Technician, iTunes
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Software and Services
The Apple Media Production team is looking for a Production Operations Technician based in Madrid to handle and publish digital content assets, for products and campaigns across iTunes, Apple Music, App Store, and Apple Books. In addition, you will provide in-region technical support and training across content management tools and workflows, to global Editorial, Marketing & Production partners.
- Solid experience with web-based Content Management Systems
- Familiarity with issue tracking/trouble ticketing
- QA/UAT experience
- Experience working directly with both Creative and Engineering teams
- Ability to translate 'the technical' to the non-technically-savvy
- Comfortable setting and driving timely deadlines, and leading workflows
- Excellent, concise written and verbal presentation skills
- Confidence in communicating with partners at every level
- Tech-savvy; ability to grasp new-to-you software at a rapid pace
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/Perl/PHP/Python a plus
- Genuine passion for digital entertainment and pop culture
- You will be comfortable working independently, and reporting in through a remote management team.
- Fluency in English and Spanish desired.
The Production Operations team works alongside the international Creative Production and Editorial teams in three key areas: DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGEMENT: We take responsibility for the assembly and deployment of Featured Content components of the worldwide iTunes/Apple Music/Apple Books/Apps store across Desktop, AppleTV, and mobile devices. We work with multi-functional teams (Design, Programming, Editorial, Localization, Tools Producers, Engineering) in the Cupertino HQ and around the world, to recommend strategy, set and implement deadlines and timelines, and own the release schedule of weekly iTunes refreshes, product launches and marketing campaigns. TOOLS SUPPORT: You will provide round-the-clock, in-region support across all Production and Editorial Content Management tools, to a variety of end-users/stakeholders. You'll diagnose bugs through QA and troubleshooting, identify improvements or workflow issues, collaborate with technical leads, tools producers, engineering and end-users to resolve. We document and track issues and provide real-time feedback and communication in both directions. Work with the global team to fill gaps in tooling documentation and process. TRAINING & ONBOARDING: You will provide in-region training and onboarding support for new hires and existing team members across Production and Editorial functions. As a vital conduit to the central Production teams in California, offer up-to-date perspective into each function (who they are, what they do, how to interact with them etc) and assist with Apple Media-specific technical setup (accounts and server admin, documentation repositories, ticketing tools etc).