Siri - International Creative Writer (Russian)
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Software and Services
Why Apple? Imagine what you could do here at Apple, a place where new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. We are looking for an International Creative Writer, who will develop and write dialogues in Russian for Siri, Apple’s intelligent assistant, in collaboration with other international writers. We’re looking for creative individuals to help us evolve and enrich Siri in several languages. Siri is known for its wit, cultural knowledge, and zeal to explain things in engaging, funny, and practical ways. You are someone who loves language, wordplay, and conversation, and has the proven, practical writing experience needed to craft helpful, engaging, and witty dialog.
- Excellent overall writing skills.
- Fluent in English and native language speaker of metropolitan Russian.
- Strong interest in current news and pop-culture.
- Phenomenal vocabulary, literacy, and cross-cultural knowledge.
- Current and direct exposure to your native language's culture over a sustained period of time.
- Proven experience in writing character-driven dialog.
- Excellent technical language skills; strong knowledge of grammar and style both your primary language and English.
Your responsibilities will include: - Write and edit creative dialogues for Siri based on trending topics, cultural events, popular festivities and other data. - Refresh and refine existing Siri dialogues. - Help the Siri team to evolve Siri as a distinct, recognizable character in your language, while keeping it consistent with the general worldwide personality guidelines. - Contribute to review dialog suggestions made by other writers. - Translate and adapt Siri dialogues from English into your native language. - QA editorial responses. - Self-starter with ability to execute autonomously.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
- - Multiple languages strongly preferred; translation is highly desirable.
- - Knowledge and involvement with contemporary music and media culture strongly desired.
- - Advertising, product marketing/marketing communications experience is a plus.
- - Proven experience working with software engineering teams, practices, and tools desired.
- - Experience with user-centered design would be a bonus.
- - Proven multi-disciplinary teamwork skills.