Siri - International Quality Engineer (UK English)
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Software and Services
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Come join the Siri International Language Engineering team at Apple. We are a diverse, international and passionate group about quality engineering and creating innovative test and automation strategies to help us understand the quality of Siri while every part of the system is advancing. We are looking for highly motivated Quality Engineers who can own and drive test planning and automation development for UK English to join our team. Join the team responsible for ensuring the quality of Siri languages across all Apple Products, and other cloud based services.
- Native speaker fluency (or comparable) in UK English and ability to work in an English-speaking environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software test methodologies and passion for improving quality processes.
- Experienced in developing test strategies and tools.
- Proven experience in developing and executing quality plans for complex systems.
- Strong automation development skills.
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver.
- Clear and compelling interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Java, C or C++.
As a Siri International Quality Engineer for UK English, you will be primarily responsible for designing and executing the quality plan needed to help us understand the quality of features and technologies for Siri in your language. We are passionate about the international user experience and crafting best in class products. That obsession extends to ensuring our quality plans are engineered to be rock solid and user focused. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Own all aspects the development and execution of quality plans across the development phases. - Define test strategies and metrics to qualify Siri’s underlying technologies including NLP, large data and machine learning features. - Define and implement the automation coverage and tooling needed. - Work closely with engineering and multi-functional quality teams. - Advocate for the international user experience and relevancy of features for your language. To succeed in this role, you are a creative problem solver with strong technical skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. You are passionate about quality engineering, innovative test strategies, and relying heavily on tooling and automation development.
Education & Experience
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Desired (but not required) experience/skills:
- - Experience in natural language processing, internationalization, machine learning or related sub-fields.
- - Experience with web services development.
- - Experience with iOS, macOS development.