Technical Translator - Italian
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Software and Services
Join the team responsible for the localisation and release of all Apple products. We are a passionate group dedicated to bringing Apple's products to the world. We are looking for highly motivated technical translators to localise and translate product documentation and software into Italian. Fluency and translation experience in Italian is essential. Knowledge of software localisation and/or DTP is a plus. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with the right mix of technical, organisational and communication skills to provide technical translations for Apple products. The environment is fast paced, requiring the ability to manage to aggressive delivery schedules. In addition to project work, the ideal candidates will also be on the lookout for ways to automate and improve the process for software, help and print localisation engineering. Strong communication skills, attention to detail and proven ability to manage priorities are essential. This position is highly suited to recent college graduates with the drive and the desire to learn, as well as those with several years of experience to bring to the table. It provides an opportunity to work within an exciting, supportive team, interact with engineering and gain valuable insights into the software development process at Apple.
- Fluency in Italian. Fluent in English.
- Experience with computer aided translation tools and systems.
- Experience in doing large volumes of technical translations for end-user software products.
- Experience in translating for specific product types, e.g. - high end video/audio software products
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Knowledgeable in, and sensitive to, multilingual and multicultural issues.
Specific responsibilities will include: - Hands-on translation of Apple products into Italian. - Utilising internal tools to identify changes with localisation impact. - Bug monitoring, escalation, reporting and resolution. - Perform linguistic QA. - Working with cross functional groups to ensure the process runs smoothly and on schedule. - Assist with quick-turnaround translations. - Identifying tools and process enhancements. - Maintaining style guides. - Maintaining language glossaries.
Education & Experience
Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing language specific style guides.
- * Experience in managing language glossaries.
- * Experience in DTP.
- * Experience with machine translation.
- * Experience localizing software on OS X and/or Microsoft Windows.
- * Experience with localization/installation tools (AppleGlot, PowerGlot, InstallShield, Catalyst, SDLInsight, STARTransit, Trados and/or SDLX, PhotoShop, FrameMaker).
- * Localization Project Management experience.
- * QA experience.
- * Direct experience translating and/or localizing Apple product.
- * Experience with translation memory software.