Technical Translator - German
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Software and Services
Join the team responsible for the localisation of Siri, Apple’s intelligent assistant. We are a hardworking group dedicated to bringing Apple's products to the world. We are looking for experienced technical translators to localise Siri dialogs and related content into German. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with the right mix of technical, creative, organisational and communication skills to provide technical translations and adaptations for Siri. Fluency and translation experience in German is essential. The environment is fast paced, requiring the ability to manage workload with aggressive delivery schedules. In addition to project work, the ideal candidates will also be on the lookout for ways to improve the process for Siri localisation. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities are essential. This position is highly suited to technical translators with previous localisation experience. It provides an opportunity to work within an exciting, supportive team, interact with engineering and QA teams, and gain valuable insights into the development process at Apple.
- Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in German. Fluent in English.
- Excellent overall writing skills.
- Large vocabulary, literacy, and cross-cultural knowledge.
- Current and direct exposure to your native language's culture over a sustained period of time.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in, and sensitive to, multilingual and multicultural issues.
- Hands-on translation and adaptation of Siri dialogs into German, along with other software products as needed. - Collaborating with the Creative team to propose new use cases and ensure Siri personality consistency for the German market. - Utilising internal tools to identify changes with localisation impact. - Bug monitoring, escalation, reporting and resolution. - Working with cross-functional groups to ensure the process runs smoothly and on schedule. - Ensuring Siri terminology is consistent with iOS and other Apple products and services. - Assisting with quick-turnaround translations. - Identifying tools and process enhancements. - Helping to fine-tune Text-to-Speech output. - Performing linguistic QA and runtime testing.
Education & Experience
Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience.
- * Experience with localisation and internationalisation.
- * Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics).
- * Experience in software translation, natural language translation and computational linguistic experience.
- * Experience translating and/or localising Apple product content.
- * Experience with localisation tools (such as SDL Trados) and translation memory software.
- * Experience with a programming language.