Firmware Engineer – Instrument Engineering
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
We are looking for engineers with an Embedded Software and Firmware design background to join the growing Instrument Engineering team at Apple. This small team of extraordinary engineers design and produce precision RF and Analog Test Equipment for use in calibrating and testing the Cellular, WiFi/BT and NFC radios in millions of iPhones, iPads, Macs and Watches. All members of the team bring their own unique expertise to collectively take internal Apple products from concept to mass production. Each internal product is designed to Apple's exacting standards resulting in appealing test equipment that maintains the quality, accuracy and function of commercially available offerings.
- Experience designing embedded C/C++ firmware for high speed communication devices.
- Experience with ARM
- Experience with Linux (Unix)
- Experience with RTOS development
- Experience developing firmware for one or more of the following wireless communications standards is a plus: WiFi, Bluetooth, GSM, UMTS, CDMA, LTE, 5G.
- Experience developing firmware for one or more of the following chip level interface standards is desirable: USB, SPI, I2C, UART, SDIO, PCIe;
- Fluent in use of lab equipment such as JTAG, Logic Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer etc...
- Experience in parallel processing, multi-core or multi-threaded software development and optimization on ARM based systems is a plus.
- Wireless chipset bring-up experience is a plus.
- Ability to write design specs and communicate design concepts clearly is desirable
As a Firmware Engineer, you will work on the next generation wireless communication products. Our products are based on platforms that run RTOS, embedded Linux and bare metal firmware. You will work with other cross-functional team members such as RF system engineers, software engineers, DSP engineers, FPGA logic designers and hardware engineers to design and develop embedded software that is instrumental in creating products loved all over the globe. International and domestic travel is likely.
Education & Experience
BS in CS or EE required, MS in CS or EE preferred