FPGA Design Engineer
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As an FPGA Design Engineer, you will be at the center of the silicon design group with a meaningful role getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. Wouldn't you love a dynamic yet challenging role as an FPGA Design Engineer here at Apple?
- Experience designing modem algorithms in FPGAs or ASICs and successfully shipping products based on them;
- Experience optimizing the segmentation of the design for a target FPGA, synthesizing to FPGA, and executing timing closure;
- Experience debugging FPGA with logic analyzers and oscilloscopes;
- Experience designing robust RTL architecture for high speed, multiple clock domain designs;
- Fluency in one or more of the following wireless communications standards is a plus: WiFi, Bluetooth, GSM, UMTS, CDMA, LTE, NFC;
- Experience working with DSP algorithms to correct for RF impairments;
- Creating bit-exact models for implementation in FPGA or ASICs;
- Experience optimizing algorithms for power or execution speed a plus;
- Must be an excellent communicator;
- Must be able to interact closely with offshore engineering development and manufacturing partners; and
- Should be well organized and have the ability to be flexible in a changing work environment.
He/she will work in a technology group on next generation wireless communications products. He/she will work proactively with other cross-functional engineering groups such as RF System Engineering, DSP Engineering, and Software engineering. International and domestic travel is likely.
Education & Experience
BS EE required, MSEE preferred