Apple Media Products (AMP) - Senior Infrastructure Scalability Engineer
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
- At least 5 years of experience building distributed systems with AWS Technologies: EKS (Kubernetes), S3, ElasticSearch, RDS, Athena, EMR (Spark), ElastiCache (Redis), Cloudwatch, Kinesis (Kafka).
- At least 10 years of experience as a developer in one (or a combination) of the following languages: python, java, C++, Scala.
- Work-experience in analyzing complex problems and crafting and building highly scalable, robust and efficient solutions.
- Proven experience in designing consistent, intuitive APIs and high-throughput data pipelines.
- Experience in project- and team-management in rapid environments with shifting priorities.
- Excellent programming skills, computational complexity knowledge and computer architecture awareness.
The AMP AI&ML team is responsible for Search, Recommendations & Commerce AI across our flagship services as Music, TV,+ Books, Arcade, Podcasts and more. We’re building an AI-based system that is capable of achieving a profound understanding of the content and settings of a video by leveraging present and historic real-world knowledge, state-of-the-art DL recognition models and powerful NLP and graph algorithms. The main objective of this role is crafting and implementing an architecture that is robust, consistent and reliable while also achieving horizontal scalability in a distributed environment for such a sophisticated system. As a member of the AMP AI&ML Scalability team you are expected to collaborate with other teams to build reliable, robust, efficient, and scalable solutions. If race conditions, weakly consistent processes or repeatable messages scare you, this is not your place. You will be working with teams outside your own to define API and messaging schema contracts and provide authenticated, secure integration solutions, as well as teams inside to assist with infrastructure, technology usage and distributed algorithms.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PHD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical field or equivalent meaningful experience.
- - Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and build consensus in a collaborative way.
- - Work-experience with both SQL and noSQL data stores.
- - Work-experience with the microservice architecture pattern.
- - Work-experience with information security solutions.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.