AI/ML - Language Engineer (Dutch), Siri Understanding
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
Siri is always learning to speak new languages and provide a locally customized experience. We achieve this by bringing together a diverse team of software engineers with an expert knowledge of languages and cultures. If you are fluent in Dutch, know the customs and have strong software engineering skills, this is an amazing opportunity to shape the Siri experience for millions of users.
- Native speaker fluency in Dutch
- Object orientated software design and programming
- Proficiency in more than one programming language, such as Java, C++, Objective C, etc.
- Knowledge of Text Processing and NLP techniques
- Familiarity with machine learning methods for classification, regression, or ranking problems
As a Language Engineer you will need to be creative, take ownership of a projects and have a knack for solving problems that stump most engineers. Having worked on shipping products and being familiar with the rush to the finish line is helpful. Specific responsibilities will include: - Engineering Natural Language Processing and Speech components specific to your language. - Using the power of large amount of data to tackle sophisticated NLP and machine learning problems. - Leading data annotation efforts and define language specific representations, conventions and techniques. - Analyzing data and making data driven decisions to improve the localized user experience. - Automating, scripting and integrating workflow from diverse systems. - Providing insights and suggestions towards innovative new approaches and new product features tailored to your home market. - Developing creative solutions to sophisticated issues. - Interacting with other teams at Apple working towards the same goal; from Speech Recognition Specialists, Data Scientists and Speech Synthesis engineers. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
B.S/MSc in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace