AI/ML - Computational Linguist (Italian), Siri Understanding
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
Siri is always learning to speak new languages and provide a locally customized experience. We achieve this by bringing together a diverse team of linguists with a deep knowledge of languages and cultures. If you have knowledge of phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax this is an amazing opportunity to shape the Siri experience for millions of users.
- Native speaker fluency in Italian
- Knowledge in phonetics, phonology, morphology and syntax.
- Experience in speech recognition, speech synthesis, morphosyntactic natural language processing or other fields of computational linguistics.
- Basic programming techniques and familiarity with a mainstream programming language (Python, Java, C/C++) or scripting (bash, awk).
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
As a computational linguist, you will improve our linguistic resources and processes to support projects related to natural language processing, such as dictionaries for speech recognition and synthesis, text normalization, part of speech tagging, tokenization, lemmatization, inflection, transliteration and information extraction. Your responsibilities will include: - Analyze and improve linguistic resources, such as dictionaries for speech recognition and speech synthesis. - Design tasks and methods for collecting and evaluating annotated, natural language data. - Create guidelines and set standards for phonetic, phonological, morphological, syntactic and semantic projects. - Provide linguistic guidance and support to language teams. - Identify errors and regressions and propose solutions to improve accuracy. - Create and develop tooling for linguistic analysis. - Identify needs for linguistic data, corpora and tools. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Masters degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Language Technologies, or equivalent experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace