AIML - Tech Lead/Senior Software Engineer, ML Systems Evaluation Engineering
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
As part of Apple's Machine Learning and AI team, we transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting the privacy of users and their data. High-quality software and complex ML models require dynamic and sophisticated automation to evaluate them. The ML Systems Evaluation Engineering (ML SEE) team, within the AI/ML org at Apple, is looking for an outstanding Software Engineer to evaluate our systems and deliver the best experience for our customers across the world. This exciting role will bridge knowledge, and experience from software engineering to the ML world, combining the best of both to build robust, extensible and efficient systems to evaluate ML products at scale. In this role, you will have the opportunity to craft the vision of end-to-end automated systems evaluation methodology, for all Siri supported languages. You will have the opportunity to influence the design of Apple ML products, and ensure it is flexible to evaluate them at scale through high levels of automation. You will operate in a highly cross-functional environment to keep pushing the boundaries of existing tests automation and ML evaluation. If you are committed in delivering an outstanding customer experience, and are a skilled and passionate software engineer, this is a great opportunity to apply your expertise to an entirely new problem space.
- Extensive experience in Software Development
- Strong experience as a Technical Lead leading teams of software developers and quality engineers
- Proven track record architecting, designing and implementing cloud based solutions.
- Experience in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Knowledge in the following programming languages is a plus: Swift, Objective-C, NodeJS, React.
- Solid experience with CI/CD and DevOps best practices.
- Extensive experience working and leveraging cross-functional partnerships.
- Experience with quality assurance methodologies and automation frameworks.
- Experience implementing and supporting customer facing production systems.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies.
You will be leading a team of software engineers to design and develop solutions to perform automated end to end functional evaluation for our Siri languages. This includes design of automation frameworks and methodologies for simulation and evaluation of user experiences for ML based products at scale. You will be a technology evangelist ensuring best practices for software development are followed in the team. The role spans from AIML product qualification, implementation and iteration on systems, frameworks and evaluation methodologies, defining and tracking user impact and user success metrics. Equally, this role will participate in the AIML product specific roadmap decisions, contributing insights and recommendations derived from the in-depth understanding of the current success metrics of AIML products. If this sounds like a role that could be of interest, we would love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace