Wireless Engineering Internship
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Join our Wireless team and drive innovation that matters! We’re looking for engineers with good fundamentals in RF, communication, software to join our growing team of system engineers at Apple. These teams of world-class engineers help architect and design the best wireless products at Apple. All members of the team bring their own unique expertise to collectively take wireless technologies to product implementation stages following the principles and practices of excellence that characterize Apple culture.
- Excellent understanding of RF fundamentals and communications theory
- Ability to write efficient, scalable Python, C or C++ code
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts & scalable software design principles.
- Tech-savvy and proficiency working with Unix/Linux systems. Shell programing.
- Basic electronics background: PLLs, RF Amplifiers, Impedance matching, SPI controls.
- Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, vector signal generators, power sensors, etc.
- Strong energy and drive to thrive in a start-up like environment.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on achieving the best wireless performance? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Education & Experience
Your BSEE is needed and we highly value MSEE.
- We see the more you have to the following as a BONUS:
- - Familiarity with antenna and OTA characterization
- - Basic understanding of wireless standards like LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth.
- - Basic understanding of DSP concepts.
- - 3+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- - Recent experience in developing test solutions for various wireless technologies
- - Recent experience developing new software applications or drivers on any platform
- - Recent experience with current and upcoming wireless RF standards (e.g. 5G, mmWave, WiFi 802.11ax, 802.11ay, Bluetooth 5.0)
- - Proven track record designing calibration algorithms for Tx Power, RSSI, pre-distortion, or IQ mismatch
- - Familiarity with tools that enable high volume manufacturing of these technologies