(Wireless Technology & Ecosystem) WTE - Carrier Technical Lead in Mexico
Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
Position: The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will join the Wireless Software Engineering team and drive innovation that matters. We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about cellular and wireless technology, we may have the job for you. It is exciting that the Carrier Technical Lead (CTL) is charged with taking Apple products through technical approvals with wireless carriers. The CTL's are the expert advisors for wireless engineering matters and responsible for all day-to-day technical support and troubleshooting with their carriers.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience working on phones or similar products that operate on cellular networks.
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience working with one or more carriers to deliver on their network, including supporting lab/field testing.
- Extensive proficiency and proven experience analysing full stack logs and troubleshooting wireless features and protocols for LTE, 3G and 2G.
- Deep understanding of network cellular features and familiarity with current deployments across carrier networks.
- Very appropriate using 3GPP/3GPP2 specification documents and dedicated application in live networks.
- Outstanding verbal and written command of the Spanish and English language.
- Strong issue tracking/management abilities.
- Knowledge of carrier device certification processes.
- Knowledge of LATAM device certification requirements and processes
- Fluent in software engineering processes with considerable software release experience.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
You will be responsible for introductions and trials of new wireless technologies and network-impacting features in Apple products. You will lead the investigation of carrier issues and partner closely with carrier personnel and our wireless development teams to debug and resolve issues. In addition, you will assist carriers with testing and work with them on the verification of fixes in new iOS software builds, prototype hardware, or network changes. Also you will act as the first line of defense for carrier technical requests to reduce overhead on the R&D teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor/Master Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science or relevant experience
- Strong technical knowledge of industry standards and tracing tools used for logs analysis and troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of VoLTE (Voice over LTE) and WiFi Calling technologies.
- Intimate knowledge of standard development organizations and industry forums.
- Layer 1 measurement and analysis.
- Familiarity with Wi-Fi/BT communications systems.
- Programming or scripting (Perl, Python) experience is a plus.
- English and Spanish,.
- Able to travel internationally
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
- We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.