Americas Compliance Engineer - Mexico
Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The Compliance Engineer is responsible for leading Mexico's Regulatory Agencies, certification bodies, technical bodies and testing labs to ensure Apple products align with all regulatory requirements. He/She establishes processes to deliver technical and final certifications within established lead times. The position collaborates with multiple Apple groups including: Engineering, Operations, Product Safety, EMC, logistics, and government affairs. You will be also supporting the team with regulatory matters in the Latin America region.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or strong technical background
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience
- Knowledge of technical Telecom certification requirements
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English
- Self-motivated and dedicated and able to work independently as well as in cross -functional teams
- Knowledge of other Agency compliance requirements is a plus
- Product lab testing understanding test procedures and obtaining test software and testing parts as needed - Manage regulatory approval processes obtaining all agency approvals to meet product development timeline and launching dates - Ensure regulatory labeling and documentation compliance - Develop a schedule for securing agency approvals, establish agency unit requirements and ensure confidentiality guidelines are met - Work to resolve and provide timely information to affected parties of any slippage in schedule. - Manage regulatory agency manufacturing site certification in plants where products are developed (if required) - Communicate with Apple Latin America Management regarding testing planning, forecasting and availability issues - Provide as required Product Safety, EMC and Telecommunication agency logos, registration numbers and labeling information - Provide weekly status on approval schedule, progress and issues. Develop metrics indicating lead time and actual agency approval throughput time - Assist Safety, SAR, EMC, Environmental and other Engineering teams as required with in-country regulatory efforts - Monitor legislation impacting testing, EMC, telecom, SAR, safety, and other agency approval requirements involving respective resources on the developments - Provide Finance and management with annual forecasts and quarterly updates for costs, payments and fees - Identify “exclusive” country vendors to reduce lead times/costs delivering under Apple’s processes and requirements
Education & Experience
• BS in Engineering
- RF, Debug, Board level, Board level Debug, RF Equipment, Spectrum, Network Analyzer, Power meter, signal generator, Transmitter, receiver, transceiver
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.