Compliance Engineer - Mexico
Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are an inventive engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. As a Compliance Engineer, you'll be responsible for managing Mexico’s Regulatory Agencies, certification bodies, technical bodies and testing labs to ensure Apple products comply with all regulatory requirements. You will establish processes to deliver technical and final certifications within established lead times. This position collaborates with multiple Apple groups including: Engineering, Operations, Product Safety, EMC, logistics, and government affairs. You will be also supporting the team with regulatory matters in the Latin America region.
- Minimum 5 years of meaningful and relevant working experience
- Strong technical background, knowledge of technical Telecom certification requirements (Anatel/Inmetro)
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written in English and Spanish
- Ambitious and dedicated, you are able to work independently as well as in multi-functional teams
- Knowledge of other Agency compliance requirements is a plus (FCC, IC, IRAM, ENACOM, CRC, SUTEL, ARCOTEL, etc.)
- Product lab testing understanding test procedures and obtaining test software and testing parts as needed - Manage regulatory approval processes obtaining all agency approvals to meet product development timeline and launching dates - Ensure regulatory labeling and documentation compliance - Develop a schedule for securing agency approvals, establish agency unit requirements and ensure confidentiality guidelines are met - Work to resolve and provide timely information to affected parties of any slippage in schedule. - Manage regulatory agency manufacturing site certification in plants where products are developed (if required) - Communicate with Apple Latin America Management regarding testing planning, forecasting and availability issues - Provide as required Product Safety, EMC and Telecommunication agency logos, registration numbers and labeling information - Provide weekly status on approval schedule, progress and issues. Develop metrics indicating lead time and actual agency approval throughput time - Assist Safety, SAR, EMC, Environmental and other Engineering teams as required with in-country regulatory efforts - Monitor legislation impacting testing, EMC, telecom, SAR, safety, and other agency approval requirements involving respective resources on the developments - Provide Finance and management with annual forecasts and quarterly updates for costs, payments and fees - Identify “best-in-class” country vendors to reduce lead times/costs delivering under Apple’s processes and requirements
Education & Experience
BSc in Engineering
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation.