Country Manager, Mexico & Pan Latin: App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, iTunes, Apple Books, Apple Podcasts
Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s software platforms provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, iTunes, Apple Books, Apple Podcasts, Apple Pay and iCloud. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This role is based in Mexico City.
- You are proactive, extraordinarily driven and highly adaptable with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and provide outstanding leadership to the team in Mexico.
- Excellent management skills: Setting goals, driving performance and developing a team.
- Outstanding analytical skills: A natural aptitude for translating data into insights and draw business conclusions.
- Experience defining strategies for digital content businesses at different stages of development driving long-term growth.
- Proven track record working on complex, often global, large-scale, and time-critical projects.
- Natural networker with the ability to build strong ties to existing and new C-Level partners across multiple and very different businesses.
- Outstanding combination of an excellent attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture.
- Someone passionate about offering the best customer experience.
- You are passionate about digital technology and possess a “get it done” attitude.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English are required.
- Deep connection to the arts, tech, & media landscape in Mexico; and experience working closely with artists and developers.
- Successful team and project management track record within a global, multi layered organization combined with experience of bringing new products to market.
You will support Apple in managing and growing the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, iTunes, Apple Books & Apple Podcasts business in Mexico and the rest of Spanish-speaking markets across Latin America. You have a deep understanding of what it means to be the custodian of a brand, reflect real passion for being a market leader and be evangelical about delivering a superlative experience to customers. High degree of executive credibility, given that they will help shape major decisions within extremely fast evolving businesses. Manage Apple partners and carry them towards a compelling vision. You will break the vision down into a concrete strategy, taking into consideration local nuances, with clear objectives for each of the team members. Tracking and communicating progress, course correcting actions or coaching team members when appropriate are other key requirements. This role requires a mix of strategic and functional skills, as well as people management, with a high commitment to delivery and deadlines. The individual in this role should be a professional with strong interpersonal and both verbal and written communication skills along with a track record of leading change. You are a seasoned senior leader with proven leadership record and ability to influence multiple partners. Strong understanding of, and empathy with, the Apple brand and products. You have been exposed to multiple digital businesses and you're comfortable building and executing tailor made strategies across each. You have international background and possess both understanding and passion for local nuances and Mexican culture.
Education & Experience
University degree preferred. MBA or Post-Graduate is a plus.