Senior Manager EU Government Affairs
Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. In this role you will work closely with and report to the Head of Government Affairs Europe and Russia to support government and institutional engagement with Brussels-based EU policymakers, Members of the European Parliament, and their related stakeholders, influencers and trade associations. The role necessitates a deep understanding of the regulatory and policy environment of the EU institutions that impacts Apple. It will establish relationships and liaise with internal partners to build knowledge, advocacy strategies and achieve results.
- Extensive experience in dealing with Government and key national and multinational institutions, industry and trade associations in the EU
- Extensive professional experience in Government Affairs & Public Policy Advocacy preferably with leading technology / telecom companies and prior experience dealing with EU issues
- Experience in driving expansion projects in the EU institutions?
- Deep knowledge of political landscape, and policy building in the EU in general with specific knowledge of digital policy.
- Specific experience in building strategic initiatives with governments.
- Specific experience in driving substantial regulatory change to improve operations.
- Validated experiences in leading complex government affairs projects successfully.
- Fluency in English and preferably other European languages
- Ability to navigate complex-matrix environments.
- Ability to navigate through diverse cultural environments.
- Ability to take care of multiple partners to tackle complex issues internally and externally.
- Ability to develop trust based relations internally and externally.
• Promote positive outcomes of legislative and regulatory initiatives. • Identify Dutch policy developments in the EU and assess their impact on Apple • Map and prioritize relevant stakeholders by issues, strategic issues, and lines of business. • Build/enhance Apple’s relationships with key Dutch institution partners. • Collaborate with GA team and cross-functional colleagues to develop Apple’s positions and strategies regarding key digital policy issues. • Manage Apple’s Dutch government engagement regarding Dutch reuglatory, environmental and competition issues, and implement engagement strategies. • Represent Apple’s position with government and policymakers to maximize regulatory opportunities and eliminate/minimize threats. • Network internally to disseminate information, as well as gather expert input. • Advise internal partners on political and cultural landscape and provide solutions. • Provide thought leadership on key issues and build/advise on advocacy campaigns. • Participate in trade associations to represent Apple’s views and interests.
Education & Experience
BA (preferably Masters) Degree in Law, Engineering, Political Science, Policy or Economics.