PR Manager - Corporate Communications
Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
At Apple, we share the mission of making hardware, software and services that help people make the world a better place. We care about what we do, and believe Apple is a force for good. Apple is a company full of disruptive ideas and innovative people, who are also committed to upholding the highest moral, legal and ethical standards in everything we do. We believe technology can serve humankind's deepest values and highest aspirations. Protecting individuals’ privacy, promoting diversity and inclusivity, providing products that educate, and are accessible to all needs, are fundamentals within our business. We are currently seeking a PR Manager to join our European corporate communications team and help us inform the world about Apple and the values that drive our company. This role will work with us in developing and implementing strategic plans to actively communicate Apple’s contribution to Europe and wider society, focused on key areas such as our economic contribution, education, customer privacy, and environmental leadership. The successful candidate will also help address legislative enquiries and support these with tailored messaging and communications strategies.
- You have extensive experience in media relations and have developed a strong network of high level media contacts.
- You have strong people management and influencing skills.
- You are a self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills and detailed project management skills.
- Proven ability to understand business challenges and formulate effective communications strategies that support the audience needs and business goals.
- Great experience working in a highly regulated environment and with government affairs, legal and business governance teams.
- Able to work with ambiguity and on complex topics across multiple jurisdictions.
- Skilled in multi-tasking, delivering under tight timelines, adapting quickly to change.
- 10+ years experience in public relations, journalism, PR agency or corporate settings.
- Fluency in English required. An additional European language is preferred, ideally German or French.
This role will help devise and execute global communications initiatives that resonate with a European audience. Responsibilities will include strategic planning and execution, identifying and managing issues in a fast-paced environment and continuous news cycle across Europe. The successful candidate will have a particular focus on managing media activities in Brussels to support our advocacy efforts and drive understanding of Apple’s values.