Country Manager - Belgium & Luxembourg
Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Belgium/Luxembourg Sales Manager for Apple in Brussels, will be responsible to lead and manage Apple’s business, including the Retail, Telco and Education routes to market, across the breadth of the Apple product line. The Belgium/Luxembourg Sales Manager will be responsible for ensuring the organisation works as a single and collaborative team across all routes to market and functions. This collaboration should create the foundation within the Belgium and Luxembourg business to build and strengthen the Apple team with the clear goal of significantly growing the business. The role requires strategic thinking, a deep understanding of what it means to be the custodian of a brand, a real passion for being a market leader and to be evangelical about delivering a superlative experience to customers, across market segments, whilst always thinking about what is next.
- Successful leader with multi channel management experience, including channel development skills at scale.
- This person should be able to create a vision of where Apple should go across all channels and how to expand the market share and revenues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Have the intellectual capability to analyse new opportunities in the market.
- Highly numerate with data analysis skills.
- Proven effective relationship builder within a matrix environment at central, local and WW levels.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, this individual must be a strong leader who has the ability to motivate a substantial team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes enabling effective partnerships across Apple (WW Training, Product Marketing, Sales Leaders etc.).
- This individual must be an inspirational presenter at all levels.
- Putting Apple and the brand first.
- Fighting for Apple's values.
- Managing through systems.
- Conflict management : Good at focused listening, and reads situations quickly. Can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably.
- Comfort around senior management : Understands what their senior leadership is looking for. Does not lose composure or get rattled when questioned or challenged.
- Focus and Simplify; Focus on doing a few things really well e.g. executing high quality account plans.
- Create and articulate a compelling regional vision and plan and ensure the team is not distracted in achieving this
- Challenge the team to do a few things well by knowing when to say no to new ideas.
- Limit the scope of what the team needs to focus on to achieve the plan and communicate this.
- Ability to say ‘no’ and focus on what’s important for the business and wider team
- Spend their time and the teams' time wisely
- Demonstrate to teams how their work connects to the bigger picture/goal
- Communicate messages that are actionable
- Give direction and clarity to teams in times where global/regional objectives/priorities are multiple/shifting
- Localise strategy if global strategy is not effective in region or asking the leadership for additional guidance
- See around corners; Think beyond the short term focus and plan for 6 - 12 months timeframe
- Look beyond daily demands, and shape the organisation for the future to ensure scalability and sustainable growth
- See important trends in the local market or within our customers, anticipating and assessing potential impact for Apple as well as taking pro-active measures to act/counteract
- Look beyond the issue at hand but the wider implications for Apple and its customers
- Spot an opportunity and keep working on it, even if the benefits might not be immediate but more long-term and be ready to move quickly at the appropriate time
- Ability to carve out time to think beyond the current pressures and demands to be able to see the bigger picture
- Look ahead at future trends, macro economic trends and buying patterns to determine proactive approaches to align with the regional strategy
- Anticipate issues and obstacles and build innovative solutions to overcome them
- Review internal and external data; distilling lots of information and being able to spot trends
- Be proactive in creating ideas to support growth plans for the future
- Own The Hard Calls; Take ownership for the regional plan and execution
- Gain buy-in and commitment to decisions made that support the vision at regional level
- Follow through and drive accountability for everything end to end
- Debate and discuss initial ideas, and then get on and execute against the plan
- Challenge and push back on others when activities are not strategically important in achieving the plan
- Making tough calls about customers or team members and being able to stand the discomfort that might come with the decision
- Attract, develop, and share talent; Invest time and build capabilities to find and select the right people for key roles
- Coach the team to take responsibility and accountability for success of the team
- Take collective responsibility for the productivity and quality of work
- Organise team within resource constraints to achieve the longer term vision
- Build strength in second line team to delegate responsibilities to achieve the plan
- Ensure team have clear development plans
- Fight for excellence; Constantly pushing self and others for quality and doing things the “right” way
- Not tolerating mediocrity, taking and giving feedback effectively to do things better every time
- Execute the top 3 big ideas in the team
- Set the bar high and produce the best results in the market
- Constantly stretch yourself, the team and those outside your region to contribute to the overall success
- Motivating others, empowering others; Makes each individual feel their work is important. Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility
Key responsibilities: Provide inspiration to the teams and present a vision of where the countries need to develop to maximise the opportunity for Apple. The Belgium/Luxembourg Sales Manager will manage the sales Consumer, Telco and Education organisation within the Belgium and Luxembourg, as well as be part of the South Regional team and engage on ad hoc projects to support the business. Directly manage and develop the Retail, Telco and Education businesses within Belgium and Luxembourg and providing direction to the local SP&O and CC&D functions. Review the organisational models within the territory ensuring the best set up to maximise the growth opportunities. Oversee the business plan to ensure that all routes to market are integrated into a single vision of growth for Belgium and Luxembourg. Drive the Education business. Own the forecast across all products and routes to market. Collaborate with Enterprise Sales team to ensure the best integration in the territory sales strategy, optimise Enterprise sales in territory and ensure the best collaboration between the different sales teams in to develop this RTM for the long run. Drive the right activities to ensure that channel partners achieve the sales objectives. Help drive the “one Apple” approach building relationships across the key components of Apple for successful collaboration. Take the leadership role where there are other functions in territory. Continually review the Partner Strategy and be prepared to evolve the partner set in order to maximize the business in the territory; Influence the business T&Cs, ensure that partners are targeted and motivated to execute Apple strategies in the territory; Agree and achieve partner and named account volume targets; Regular review of partner plans with Account Execs to ensure that partners fully understand and are bought into Apple technology and solutions; Implement pan-European channel programs as relevant. This will involve understanding, supporting and delivering the program goals & objectives; Ensure the teams achieve and exceed their goals through setting up best practice standards and aligning with corporate objectives; Work with training resources to ensure adequate product and program knowledge within the distribution partners; Ensure adoption and full use of European Management tools. Resolution of any local customer service issues; Liaison with Operations on all logistics questions for the territory; Key Relationships: Regional Senior Sales Director; South Region functional heads, Finance, Legal, People, PR, CC&D , Sales Planning & Operations, AppleCare (post-sales support), Services, Apple Online Store/Apple Retail Store teams; Sales support; Business and Distribution partners; Central functions, Product Marketing, Business Development, Marcom, SP&O, CC&D, Planning, Enterprise; Other Regional and country leads. Key Performance Indicators: Creation of a clear plan with all the contributors across the territory business. Achievement of quarterly and annual targets (own, teams and channel); Quality and accuracy of sales forecasting on an on-going basis; Success of managing, developing and evolving the Business Partner strategy in line with the needs of the business; Quality of management reporting, relationship building and leveraging of resources across the Apple matrix; Effective deployment of segment/product programs and resources; Maintenance of cost control within the European and local framework; Strong team development and recognition of their teams as leaders in their own right; Lead Apple inclusion strategy in Belgium by being a role model.
Education & Experience
MBA, business degree or equivalent experience. Fluency in Dutch or French and English are essential. Fluency in all 3 languages would be a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.