Head of Marketing Communications – Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The people here at Apple don’t just create products, they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity, passion, and dedication of those people that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do—from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As Head of Marketing Communications, you will be a key member of Apple’s senior management team in Canada, adding to the diversity of ideas and management talent required for its growth. You will be responsible for all of Apple’s marketing communications activities in Canada. This position works closely with the Product Marketing, Corporate Communications and Sales teams in Canada, as well as Corporate Marcom executives at Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino, California.
- The Head of Marcom for Canada will be a team builder and player with an inclusive, collaborative management style that engenders trust, develops credibility, and elevates morale. You will be able to quickly gain the respect and support of both management and other employees by demonstrating marketing expertise and personal attributes such as good judgment, business insight, balance, objectivity, teamwork, quiet confidence, and trustworthiness.
- You are a well-established marketing executive who is able to adapt to the culture of an aggressive and dynamic company easily. You know how to effectively apply personal judgments and creativity to reinforce the distinct Apple brand identity and augment brand equity in Canada.
- Intelligent, quick learner with an analytical orientation, while also possessing strategic vision, consensus building skills, and consultative style. You also have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas across functions, and articulate the vision of the company, both internally and externally.
- Possess a deep understanding of consumer distribution channels within Canada and a proven background building and strengthening relationships with partners and resellers.
- 15 – 20 year experience in high-visibility marketing / advertising roles, with more than 8-10 years of consumer marketing background in a relevant industry, ideally coupled with experience in a senior role at an advertising agency.
- A consistent record of high performance in marketing for premium consumer products or services in technology or another product-centric organization.
- A proven track record in sharing knowledge cross-functionally to optimize resources, and in demonstrating knowledge to gain competitive advantage.
- A demonstrable ability to positively influence people across all functional areas of an organization.
- Experience in digital / social media and an ability to identify and capitalize on emerging media trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English & French will be a significant asset.
- Availability to travel frequently to the US and/or other Geo offices.
Manage a high performing team of approximately 15 full-time employees and up to 30 dedicated agency staff, who are responsible for planning and executing Apple’s Marcom strategy across all customer-facing touch points, including media / advertising, digital / interactive, channel and retail. Execute Apple’s brand strategy and uphold Apple’s standards in all Marcom activities throughout Canada. Provide constructive feedback / input to the executives in Cupertino on Apple’s local marketing efforts based on a deep understanding of local market conditions and consumer behaviours. Lead all demand generation activities, working with Apple’s strategic partners, distributors, major retailers and carriers to craft and deploy partner-led campaigns and advertising, promoting Apple products and services. Manage Apple’s branding and presentation across all channels of distribution to ensure brand conformity, consistency and effectiveness. Develop and manage regional campaigns that help to address local market opportunities or challenges; develop and implement systems for identifying key audiences and communicating with them in ways that build productive, positive awareness and relationships. Manage a network of external agency partners in the region and develop metrics to assess the effectiveness of these relationships and their work. Partner with the Product Marketing and Corporate Communications teams to plan and execute new product launches as well as quarterly and annual marketing plans. Build key relationships with the Sales organization to ensure Marcom priorities / activities gel with sales strategy, customer needs and market shifts. Collaborate with other Geo Marcom Leads to share best practices as well as present common market opportunities and challenges to WW Leadership.
Education & Experience
University degree in Business, Communications, Marketing