App Store Business Lead, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We’re perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at one of our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding. But it also rewards bright, original thinking and hard work. And none of us here would have it any other way. The App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving hundreds of millions of Apple customers. We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual to lead the App Store team in Canada. In this position you will oversee the editorial and business management teams who fuel content discovery, promotion and business growth. To be successful, you will work closely and collaboratively with the Canadian developer community and serve as a local representative for Worldwide Developer Relations. You will report to the Country Manager, Canada for App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, iBooks. This position is based in Toronto.
- You bring 10+ years of experience running a robust digital business across varying methods of monetization (free, paid, subscription, etc).
- You have extraordinary leadership and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- You have a natural aptitude for translating data into insights and ability to influence new strategies based on facts.
- You think strategically and tactically, with hands-on flawless execution.
- You are attentive to details, and you excel in project management skills, with fluency in Excel/Numbers and Keynote.
- You have demonstrated track record crafting and presenting insightful presentations and successful C-level interaction and negotiation.
- You bring excellent understanding of the depth and breadth of software, across all Apple products, and a genuine passion for apps, technology, and all things digital.
- You are an entertainment enthusiast, well versed in pop culture.
- Ideally bilingual in English and French.
The App Store Business Lead is responsible for all activities, processes and people that are essential to the success of the Canadian App Store. Critical to the position is leading a small team of dedicated, highly motivated individuals, both locally and in remote offices; driving engagement and growth across the App Store; as well as the ability to identify new market trends, business opportunities and manage key industry relationships. We believe our team members should demonstrate a passion for design with a strong attention to detail, be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude. A great fit is someone that lives and breathes apps and games, with background leading a large digital business spanning a wide range of business models and hands-on experience building or editorializing software, with a real passion for this constantly evolving space. In addition, the role requires significant project management experience, solid business insight and public speaking skills. Collaboration is key to success - we are seeking a positive and proactive person who thrives in team environments.
Education & Experience
You have a BA/BS degree, MBA a plus. *Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.