App Store Editor Today, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We’re perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at one of our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding. But it also rewards bright, original thinking and hard work. And none of us here would have it any other way. The App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving hundreds of millions of Apple customers. We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to join the App Store team as the Today Editor for Canada. In this position you will drive engagement and excitement for apps and games through storytelling. To be successful, you will work closely with the App Store team in Canada and around the world, and will build great relationships with the Canadian developer community as well. We believe our team members should demonstrate a passion for design with a strong eye to attention to detail, be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude. You will report to the Canadian App Store Business Lead. This position is based in Toronto.
- Experience (3+years) writing stories on a range of topics in a daily or weekly content environment. You are knowledgeable of substantive editing, copy editing and fact checking.
- You have background interviewing story subjects.
- You are accustomed to writing copy against a style guide.
- You are a published writer with demonstrable clips.
- You have worked with content management systems.
- You bring excellent understanding of the depth and breadth of software, across all Apple products, and a deep passion for technology.
- You are fluent with MacOS and iOS.
- You are a power mobile app user and enjoy playing mobile games.
- You have proven ability to manage weekly deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- You have outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- You think strategically and tactically.
- You are resourceful, creative, driven and high energy individual.
As the Today Editor you are responsible for determining the daily story lineup for Canada’s Today tab against global and local priorities. You will write lively, fun, approachable and appropriate copy for local and worldwide use for the Today tab as well as within email marketing efforts, crafted in an Apple-appropriate voice and proofed against a style guide. A steward for the App Store, you will ensure all content is accurately programmed into multiple systems and that it appears in live environments with 100% uptime. Collaborative and committed, you will work with other teams to make all content available in Canadian French. You will participate in global meetings and training; and represent the needs of the Canadian market worldwide. You have the right fit if you live and breathe apps. We expect you to have expertise in mobile applications, hands-on experience editorializing software, a deep understanding of good user-interface design principles and a real passion for the quickly evolving space of apps.
Education & Experience
You graduated from a journalism or communications program and / or performed 5+ years of relevant work experience in this area. You have specific institutional or on-the-job training in copy editing as well as fact checking. Ideally you are bilingual in English and French. *Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.