Demand Forecasting and Analysis Manager
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. By joining Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders and brands in the industry, you will be able to make a positive impact on a company that is known for its impressive lineup of products. At Apple, you’ll share in a dedication to excellence by partnering with extraordinary managers, all with one unified vision of crafting innovative products that delight our customers. Finance is about “Fuelling Innovation.” We do this by hiring unusual individuals with integrity, accountability, collaboration, excellence, and enthusiastic thinking. Canada Sales Finance is seeking a passionate, self-driven leader for the Demand Forecasting and Analysis (DF&A) team. Partnering with Sales, Operations, and other Finance teams, you will lead the performance of Apple’s products and provide direction on how to optimize outcomes. You are a highly reciprocal and process driven leader with not only the expertise to analyze and distill complex data, but also to present recommendations concisely and persuasively at the executive level.
- Minimum 8 years of dynamic finance, forecasting, or analytics experience
- At least 3 years experience leading a team of analysts, including successfully developing people to have career growth agility
- Validated ability to problem solve through ambiguous situations using complex, non-linear, and occasionally incomplete data, with a knack for providing new perspectives and challenging status quo thinking
- Extraordinarily strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Impeccable organization skills with expertise leading multiple and going for priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Razor sharp attention to detail, possessing the highest standards of accuracy, while still having the aptitude to deliver big picture conclusions succinctly
- Strong team collaborator, with the capacity for developing relationships and quickly becoming a trusted business partner who can influence effectively
- Track record for proactively identifying and executing improvements in execution
- Expert level knowledge of Excel; proficiency with Keynote, Business Objects, Demantra, Essbase, and Tableau an asset
Business Partnering and Communications: - Build strong partnerships and influence with cross-functional teams including Sales, Sales Operations, Reseller Operations, Supply Demand Management, Marketing, and Worldwide (WW) Finance - Lead the Canadian Weekly Business Review (WBR) with Sales, Finance, and Operations, including agenda setting to focus on priorities, curating meeting materials, and moderating the discussion to drive actions against forecast risks and opportunities (R&O) - Establish subject matter expertise on the product categories covered by Apple’s portfolio, keeping up to date on market dynamics including share, pricing, and high-reaching impacts - Present forecast outlook/assumptions and write executive e-mail reports to senior Sales and Finance leaders, up to the WW VP of Sales - Proactively recommend to Operations teams where to prioritize and allocate supply to maximize revenue and consumer experience STRATEGIC PLANNING & ANALYSIS: - Deeply understand the pan-geo Canadian business and strategy and the effects of seasonality, historical performance, sales initiatives, channel interaction, and macro-economic conditions on financial outcomes - Own the units/revenue outlook for Annual Plan and present recommendations to senior management - Actively participate in and give insights to Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) - Provide innovative analyses and strategic consultation on product outlook and market dynamics for ad-hoc and special projects - Support the ongoing development of Apple tools and business support systems, including participation in future projects LEADERSHIP: - Lead an elite DF&A team through cultivating, coaching, and challenging a team of up to 3 senior analysts - Lead DF&A deliverables, imparting thoughtful feedback on analysts’ recommendations - Steward professional development for the team, paving the way for future career opportunities - Serve as the primary geo contact with WW Finance, leading the weekly WW WBR prep call - Directly backfill for any out of office DF&A analysts FORECASTING: - Review weekly and quarterly forecasts for sell through, sell in and channel inventory by analyzing performance to date and evaluating potential R&O - Drive cross-functional consensus on forecast revisions by explaining drivers that are impacting previous guidance and enthusiastically identify levers to run R&O - Assess the uplifts for promotional and sales initiatives, working with Route-to-Market Finance teams to evaluate business cases - Directly manage the forecast for a subset of Apple’s product portfolio, providing a view down to the sub-product and major account level
Education & Experience
Business or Science undergraduate degree. MBA or other relevant advanced business degree strongly preferred.