Software Engineer - AntiFraud Systems
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about developing large scale software systems to seek real world problems in Fraud detection and prevention? Do you have experience with ingesting, analyzing and processing large amounts of data for use in real time systems? Are you passionate about delivering engineering solutions from the initial design process to the deployment of the system into production and witnessing the actual impact of your hard work? If so, this is most definitely the job for you.
- Minimum of 2 years experience implementing large-scale production systems
- Experience with development in Java
- Validated OO design and implementation
- Excellent communication skills are a requirement
- Cassandra, Voldemort and/or other non-relational data storage knowledge
- Data analytics frameworks such as: Kafka, Storm, Spark, Akka
- Knowledge of Hadoop and map reduce
- Knowledge of Scala
- Development of test cases and tools in preparing for and maintaining large scale deployments
- Fraud-detection and prevention systems, methodologies, technologies.
- Integration with external sub systems
Apple values our customers. We value their time, their user experiences, and the data they entrust to us within the Apple environment. As such, we want to protect our customers from the various threats that exist online. The Anti-Fraud Systems Engineering team does this by identifying and monitoring these threats and developing engineering solutions to counteract them. We maintain a significant but rewarding environment where the best engineers can collaborate and produce real-world solutions to meet this goal. You will tackle problems extraordinary in scale and concept in the pursuit of new and creative features, specifically in the realm of Fraud detection and prevention. You will tackle the full process of solution engineering: problem and constraints definition, design and development, unit testing and deployment, as such excellent social skills, high technical capability and success with tight deadlines will be necessary.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, unprotected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.