Automated Test Developer - Tools
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Software and Services
As an automated test developer on the Special Projects Group, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining tests for the tools built by the developer experience team. You will work as part of a larger team whose mandate is to create an environment that makes our developers productive. You will work closely with the developers on the developer experience team to understand new features and implement tests that exercise these features. As part of this effort you will deploy your automated tests into a continuous integration environment. You will strive for automated test coverage that gives you confidence in a build without ever having to run a manual test.
- YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Creating test plans, reports, and processes
- Creating and maintaining automated tests for either desktop or web based products.
- deploying and maintaining automated tests and test infrastructure in a continuous integration environment
- Creating software using IDEs such as Xcode, Eclipse, Visual Studio Code including system profiling, debugging with code, and linting
- Additionally, previous experience testing command line tools and IDEs would be considered a strong asset. Ideally you have experience working with embedded products such as mobile, networking, automotive or medical.
- Working with embedded systems as a target. Including being comfortable with a Unix command line shell and a general understanding of how Unix systems work
- Embedded systems
- Shell along with Unix/Linux
RESPONSIBILITIES: Designing and developing automated tests Creating test plans, reporting, and processes Deploying and maintaining automated tests in a continuous integration environment Participating in your team’s sprint and product direction planning activities
Education & Experience
College or University Degree in Computers or related discipline