Web Engineer - Cloud Services
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
The Development Tools group creates tools used by millions of engineers around the world to build software for Apple's iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Engineers in the Development Tools group have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply their personal experience to enhance and augment the very tools they use every day and contribute to the developer ecosystem. We are looking for an engineer to participate in the development of the web frontend for a yet-to-be-announced product.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation, with a proven history of building new products and features, and successfully delivering them to customers
- 2+ years experience building client applications using modern web technologies like React/Vue/Angular, TypeScript/Flow, and Webpack
- Experience designing and using web service APIs
- Experience in communicating with customers, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements and describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Passionate about professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
The Cloud Services team is seeking a self-motivated engineer to help us build the future of developer technologies at Apple. You’ll join a small but ambitious group of engineers responsible for building new features and services that will power a new Apple product. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for streamlining and automating developer workflows, a thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, and an appetite to learn (and sweat) the details of our domain. In this role you will be working closely with other teams that produce Apple's developer tools. You will be collaborating with Apple's internal software organization to help make sure that this product meets their needs, as well as providing great new features to Apple's external developer community. You’ll join a small and focused team, but also work closely with the larger Development Technologies organization colocated with us. Here you’ll find that we: • Have a wide range of experience, from new engineers to Apple veterans.. • Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to find your own space and focus. • Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture. • Encourage you to use accrued vacation time and maintain a healthy work-life balance. • Offer excellent benefits.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience