Business Affairs Manager - Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all aspects of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We are seeking a Business Affairs Manager in Marcom to lead the Business Affairs function in Canada, driving the planning, licensing and deployment of intellectual property rights-managed content in Apple marketing. In this role, you will be working across functions, fostering and maintaining excellent internal and external relationships, and securing regionally relevant content for deeper customer resonance and engagement. The position is based in Toronto.
- You have 10 years of relevant experience in the advertising, entertainment, or other media content-focused industry and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- You are proficient in both oral and written English, able to effectively communicate with teams at Marcom in Cupertino. Fluency in Canadian French is strongly desired.
- You have a working knowledge of IP rights including copyright, trademark, and licensing in the area of entertainment and/or advertising law with emphasis on digital content / technology.
- You have expertise in identifying potential legal and cultural issues in the Canadian market.
- Your deep expertise in partnering with, and building real, positive relationships across Marcom creative and business functions, and other Apple business units is critical for your success.
- Proven skills in core areas: reviewing and drafting licensing agreements, strong negotiation skills, partnership management, creative problem-solving.
- You are proactive and possess high emotional intelligence, flexibility, and a collaborative approach.
- You are able to travel to U.S. company headquarters, or other regions, 2-4 times a year (average 2-3 weeks per visit).
In this capacity, you will: - Represent Marcom’s Business Affairs team in Canada, leading the function with a high degree of ownership, integrity, and accountability. - Coordinate and plan appropriate, locale-specific content to replace Worldwide Marcom content that is not available or suitable for use, consulting with Apple Legal as needed. - Make informed content recommendations in response to project briefs requiring local content, and work with local vendor content production, creative and brand teams, and PR to obtain creative approval of suggestions. - Maintain excellent relationships with partners and communicate with internal teams to understand context of content in deliverables in order to negotiate appropriate usage rights. - Coordinate with local and US-based Content Production and Producers to support internal rights management systems and ensure that assets are accurately tracked and shared across creative disciplines. - React quickly to new information, opinions, and direction and strategically pivot when necessary.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus.