Education Sales Planning Lead - Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This, in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. Are you a strategic thinker who excels at tactical execution and do you love to solve problems and have an uncanny knack for analytics? As part of our Sales Planning and Operations group, you’ll apply your abilities for strategy, planning, and execution to support the development of the go-to-market strategy, and devise operational solutions to deliver Apple technology to educational institutions in Canada. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the development of this business plan and the alignment of the incentives, programs, and business metrics to support its execution. You will be the trusted advisor to the Education Sales Leader valued for your deep understanding of the business, market dynamics and trends, and the implications for the current fiscal plan, and long-term strategic direction.
- Functional expertise lies in the areas of knowing how to use data and insights that provide business decision support for strategy, planning and sales operations. You have done this through building customer segmentation models, sales coverage/territory designs, sales compensation alignment, programs, and systems & tools developments enabling decision support. Important to orchestrate across teams, both yours and others’, to build and execute complex business plans and strategies. It will be important to run effective sales forecasting processes, ensure pipeline velocity, account planning, and business reviews.
- Making the right decisions for Apple through deconstructing complex issues into actionable ideas, have the capacity to zero in on what is most impactful, and a willingness to say no to good ideas so that we can do something great. This includes leading changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or during the end of the quarter push to meet forecast. You ensure the team is effectively using the tools, business metrics and reviews, and sales process to meet and exceed these commitments. It is important to see around corners and look beyond just today. You have knowledge of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and external pressures that may impact customer buying decisions. You understand how financials work to drive investment decisions within educational institutions. You see the world through the eyes of the customer.
- Challenge the status quo and have a constant “efficiency” attitude, applying expertise to find a better way to do things to elevate the business to a new level. You unlock the potential of every relationship. To do this by getting to know people, soliciting input and feedback from a wide variety of experts at Apple. You have the ability to connect with and influence the right people, at all levels and functions within the company.
- Able to lead difficult conversations and own hard calls. Being responsible for the success of a project even when you don’t coordinate all the pieces. You are successful by relying on your own expertise, trusting in others to deliver on theirs, and through deep collaboration. Important to have confidence and work selflessly to always do what’s best for Apple.
- Lead development of the Business Plan by working cross-functionally to analyze business performance, understand the market and customer segmentation, provide insights, and find opportunities for growth. - Drive execution of this Plan - which includes but is not limited to, identifying key business metrics, setting the operating cadence, coverage & territory design, forecast & pipeline management, and ensuring coordination and support it: sales compensation programs; customer incentive programs; new product category business development, and; new channel development. - Drive customer adoption of best-in-class solutions, and affordability practices by becoming an influential local expert who uses deep relationships with global colleagues to evaluate and bring to bear worldwide initiatives and global standard methodologies, and industry analysts to stay abreast of market trends. - Evaluate long-term opportunities, and drive post-mortem/takeaways from programs, promotions and market actions. - Collaborate on content and drive the preparation of materials for senior leadership Business reviews. - Advocate for new tools and improvements to existing tools to deliver efficiencies to the business.
Education & Experience
8+ years of experience in the sales planning and business operations, or business development supporting Education or B2B; or similar experience in finance or analytics functions, leading across teams with varied strengths that successfully balanced between delivering on short-term revenue goals, while seeing around corners to enable future growth. Bachelor’s degree; MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- - Strong business insight, problem-solving and conceptual thinking abilities with outstanding attention to detail; project management, change management, and business improvement/readiness experience.
- - Capacity to extract, collate and present information in a cohesive and meaningful manner.
- - Solid ability to set expectations, meet deadlines and ensure accountability to attain key achievements.
- - Collaborative, flexible and open working style, with an ability to establish and maintain trust and credibility, and influence outcomes.
- - Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership abilities. Ability to drive commitment and change through compelling verbal and visual storytelling.