Senior św embedded engineer for media validation team
Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product In this highly visible role you will be responsible to design, develop and implement drivers, tests, and SW infrastructure for complex pixel processing pipes and HW accelerators. Work with architects and logic designers to understand the operation of the HW and system design. Investigate the use cases, system-level operation, and performance requirements. Develop low-level software to validate functionality, conformance, and performance of the systems, as well as compliance with architectural models.
- 5+ years’ experience in HW-SW integration, low level software\firmware developments
- Good understanding in one of the following:
- Video encoding\decoding standards, pixel processing.
- Display interfaces: Display Port or MIPI
- Display processing: color formats, scaling and Image enhancement
- Image sensors and image processing.
- Good knowledge and experience in real-time software development
- Good lab skills and familiarity with lab instruments and measurement techniques.
- Strong and proven debug skills.
This position is for a seasoned engineer with strong background in either silicon validation or Embedded software development to take on all aspects of SoC validation, from driver development, through SoC bring-up, Validation and debug Core responsibilities: be a part of the silicon validation team, develop automated setups for SoC validation and execute all silicon validation related activities.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.