App Store- Program Manager
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
When this team introduced the App Store, it launched a cultural and economic phenomenon that changed the way people live, work, and play. These engineers and dedicated Program Managers continue to innovate the platform, now home to over 1.5 million apps — each created using the team’s own software development kit and related services. All those apps mean the store takes billions of requests from more than 500 million visitors every week, across iOS, macOS, tvOS, iPadOS, and watchOS. To deliver such a rich experience at this scale, Program Managers partner with the engineers to build high-performance systems backed up by persistent systemwide A/B testing. And to help people discover apps they love, the team uses machine learning techniques that include natural language processing to develop new algorithms for personalization, search, and recommender systems. In a world where apps have become essential in people’s daily lives, the App Store team has become essential to Apple’s business.
- 5+ years of technical program and/or project management experience involving complex server/client interactions
- Experience with iOS mobile app development a major plus
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple project, feature and enhancement requests
- Solid track record successfully authoring technical specs
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, schedules and replans; progress and status meetings)
Drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects. -- Influence and lead the delivery of business critical features built and executed on the App Store -- Lead all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation -- Define business, functional, and reporting requirements -- Collaborate with other App Store teams and other Apple groups (e.g. Client, Hardware)
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent required; CS degree preferred.