AI/ML - Developer Tools & Infrastructure Engineer, Siri Experience
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Software and Services
The Developer Tools & Infrastructure Team, part of the Siri Engineering Efficiency organization, is looking for a talented engineer who is passionate about building systems and continuous delivery pipelines that test and deploy new Siri functionality to internal users and customers at high velocity. You will play a key role in designing and building tools and systems that Siri engineers and other teams at Apple will use day to day.
- Advanced experience with programming and scripting languages (Go, Python, Java/Kotlin, Swift)
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals, administration and networking
- Experience building and managing mission critical systems on top of modern cloud services (Kubernetes, Helm, Mesos, Docker)
- Expertise related to DevOps engineering including version control systems (Git, SVN), automated CI/CD tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Github), and configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Monitoring and telemetry using Prometheus, Grafana and Splunk
- A systematic, test-and-measure approach to continually improving service operations
- Passion for building infrastructure that is reliable, easy to use and easy to maintain
- Moderate meetings for root-cause analysis and post-mortems
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills: Analyze and investigate test failures, errors, and build issues
- Deep systems and infrastructure knowledge
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality
- Participate in regular On Call rotations
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with a passion for excellence, quality and attention to detail. The candidate will work on monitoring, automation, deployments, aid in architectural design and work closely with the development engineers within our customer teams to assist with the implementation of complex features. Our team brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work experience is required.