Timing Design Engineer
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a results-oriented and outstandingly hardworking Timing Design Engineer. As a member of our multifaceted group, you will have the outstanding and phenomenal opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day. In this role, you will be at the center of a PHY design effort collaborating with architecture, CAD, logic design teams, with a critical impact on delivering outstanding PHY designs. You will be directly involved in timing closure and/or physical designs of outstanding PHY design.
- Preferred at least 10 years or more of Physical Design experience on high PHY and/or SOC designs
- Deep knowledge of industry standards and practices in Timing closures, Physical Design, including Physically aware synthesis, Floor-planning, and Place & Route Experience in developing and implementing STA constraints
- Deep understanding of all aspects of Timing flow, Physical construction, Integration and Physical Verification
- Confirmed knowledge of Basic SoC Architecture and HDL languages like Verilog to collaborate with our logic design team for timing fixes
- Experienced user of industry standard Timing, Physical Design and Synthesis tools
- Deep Understanding of scripting languages such as Perl/Tcl
As a Timing Design engineer you will be involved with all phases of physical design of high performance PHY design from RTL to delivery of our final GDSII. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to: Generate block level static timing constraints. Close timing on critical blocks by working with RTL, PD teams. Develop and validate high performance low power clock network guidelines. Perform Timing optimization and implement the design for functionality. Generate and Implement ECOs to fix timing etc. Run Timing verification flow at chip/block level and provide guidelines to fix violations to other designers and/or perform the fixes. Participate in establishing CAD and physical design methodologies for accurate by construction designs. Assist in flow development for chip integration.
Education & Experience
BS degree in technical discipline with minimum 10 years of meaningful experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.